2019 Department of Computing Professional Development Resources
The 2019 Department of Computing Professional Development Courses offer 2 consecutive one-day courses (9:00am - 4:00pm) aimed at Primary School and/or non-IT trained teachers and High School TAS/Computing teachers. Teachers who participate in the two day workshops receive 11 hours of Professional Development.
The courses are held at Macquarie University.
Department of Computing's Professional Development workshops cost $15 for one day (5.5 hours) and $25 for two days (11 hours).
- Event Opening Presentation - Professor Michael Sheng
- Online Browser Privacy - Dr John Selby
- Explainable AI: Transparent Pedagogical Agents that help the Learner to Reflect- Professor Deborah Richards
- Computational Thinking Presentation I - Dr Gurav Gupta
- Computational Thinking Presentation II- Mr Sonit Singh
- Exploring Concepts in AI - Mr Sonit Singh
- AI and Machine Learning for Kids Resources
- ML for Kids
- Worksheet Car or Cup
- Worksheet Chatbots
- Worksheet- Headlines
- Worksheet- Journey to School
- Worksheet - Make Me Happy
- Worksheet- Noughts and Crosses
- Worksheet- Smart Classroom
- Worksheet- Titanic-Python
- Worksheet- Top Trumps
Web Application Development
- Building Web Apps - Associate Professor Steve Cassidy