HSC Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics are recommended studies for Chiropractic units although introductory units and bridging courses are available. If you are concerned about your science loads and are interested in doing a bridging course, there are a few on offer. Please click on the link below for more information.
Enrolment Advice for Master of Chiropractic 2019
To apply into the Master of Chiropractic for 2019, please ensure you complete the following:
NOTIFY UNIVERSITY OF EXPECTED COMPLETION
- All completing students must submit an “I expect to complete” form at the start of your last academic year. If you have not already done so, please visit askmq.edu.au, click on the “I expect to complete” section and submit your form.
- Please check that your “expected graduation/completion date” is recorded in eStudent.
Students intending to undertake the Master of Chiropractic must apply for a place in the program. Enrolment is not automatic as you are applying to a new degree. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the application deadlines.
Domestic applications to Postgraduate programs are completed via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). Applications for 2019 open in early September 2018. Please visit the UAC website www.uac.edu.au to lodge your application.
If you are a commonwealth supported student (HECS-HELP) you will need to apply again for
Fee-Help once you receive your offer for the Master of Chiropractic. Within eStudent: click on the “My Offer” or “My Finances” tab, then click on – Submit Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF).
More information is available at https://www.mq.edu.au/study/admissions/fees-and-costs/domestic-coursework-student-fees/domestic-fee-paying-places
To apply into the Master of Chiropractic, international students must lodge an application through the International Online Application Manager. For details please visit:
It is a university requirement that all students check their student email account. The Department of Chiropractic sends important information to your student email on a regular basis. This information is to inform students of important deadlines, application processes, exam information, timetabling changes etc. The university also sends imperative information regarding enrolment matters, fee information etc. To avoid missing important dates, announcements or events please check your student email account regularly!
Financial Assistance and Scholarships
Please visit the Department's Scholarships page for information on scholarships and prizes on offer. These are in addition to the range of scholarships on offer by the university.
Undergraduate Program Coordinators
Postgraduate Program Coordinators
When do classes start?
All Lectures start in Week 1 (ie the week of 26 February 2018) and some Tutorials and Practicals start in Week 1 others in Week 2. For the list of start dates for Tutorials and Practicals click here.
You must be inducted into the Lab Rules by your Tutor/Unit Convenor prior to commencing class. These rules cover dress code, attendance, safety etc. while in the Chiro Labs in E5A level 3.
Supervised Practice Sessions, 2018
These sessions are opportunities for Chiropractic students to practise in a safe and supervised environment.
Running from Week 5/6 to Week 12 inclusive
Date & Time
|Tuesday 1pm - 2pm|
11WW (E5A) Room 320
Wednesday 1pm - 2pm
11WW (E5A) Room 310
Thursday 12noon - 1pm
11WW (E5A) Room 310
Friday 2pm - 3pm
11WW (E5A) Room 330
If you would like to see an academic please check the Unit iLearn page for their consultation times. It is always advisable to make an appointment prior.
Student Staff Liaison Committee
The Head of Department meets with student representatives at least twice per semester. Please send your comments to your student representative or the Macquarie University Chiropractic Student Association (MUCSA) representative for these to be passed onto the committee.
How to organise a seminar for the student body
- Download Visiting Speaking Request Form PDF
- Visiting Speaker Form to be completed and given to Amy Batchelor for approval from Head of Department
- Contact the Campus Life (9850 7610) for on-campus room bookings. Students are required to show the approved Visiting Speaker form to Campus Life.
- Campus Life will let the student know when the room has been booked. They will also advise the department of confirmed bookings.
- When students wish to book an off-campus room (i.e Lane Cove Road Training Room), they should give the completed Visiting Speaker Form to Amy Batchelor or approval. When approved, they should book through the online room booking system at Office of Facilities Management (OFM) and specify that they have permission from the Chiropractic Department to book the room.
Research Seminar Series
The department organises lunch time research seminars monthly. Students are encouraged to attend. Visit the department Event page for more information.
For any enquiries regarding clinic shifts or other concerns relating to the clinics please contact: