Undergraduate Degrees and Research Opportunities
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences has number of research opportunities available to undergraduate students who are interested in gaining experience working a research environment.
Bachelor of Clinical Science
The Bachelor of Clinical Science is a fast-track two-year bachelor degree for high-achieving students, designed to help them gain the professional skills needed for a future career in the medical, allied health or medical research professions.
This degree is a pathway to graduate-entry medical or other health profession programs such as Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Physiotherapy, Master of Research or other medical research programs. High achieving students will have the opportunity to enrol in research units that will provide valuable experience working in a laboratory or research environment.
Summer Vacation Scholarship Program
2018-19 Summer Research Program
The FMHS Summer Research Program offers undergraduate students enrolled at any Australian University the opportunity to undertake a 6-week project within their state-of-the-art research facilities under the supervision of world-class researchers. This program offers students an excellent insight into what studying a Masters of Research degree is like. As part of this program, successful students will receive a $1500 tax-free scholarship.
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in their second, third or final year of a Science/Medical Science related degree at an Australian University
- Students enrolled in a non-science/medical science undergraduate or a postgraduate degree may apply at the discretion of the academic lead
How to Apply
- Review the available list of research projects and terms and conditions of the scholarship
- Contact a potential supervisor to discuss the project and what it entails
- Complete the application form in consultation with the research supervisor
- Submit the application form along with a copy of your CV and academic transcript to email@example.com
- Applications open August 2018
- Applications are due 5pm, Friday 2nd November. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 12th November
- Projects may be undertaken from 3rd December 2018 and must be completed by 1st March 2019
For more information about the Summer Research Program please contact Dr Cara Hildreth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Details for the 2018-19 program are given below to illustrate the types of projects available.
- Summer Scholarship Research Opportunities (2018-19)
- Summer Scholarship Application Form (2018-19)
- Summer Scholarship Terms and Conditions (2018-19)
The Faculty has a number of research scholarships available. Scholarships for PhD and Masters of Research projects are listed on the Higher Degree Research Office webpage. To find available scholarship opportunities, please see the links below:HDR Scholarships For Domestic and International Candidates