Infant and Toddler Conference - Call for Presenters
Proposals for presentations are invited for the 3rd Infant and Toddler Conference, to be held at Macquarie University, Sydney, on the 19th and 20th July 2019.
This conference brings together practitioners, researchers, and advocates to discuss and debate ideas and approaches to infant-toddler education and care.
The conference aims to:
- provide a focussed time and space for critical debate and reflective discussion about contemporary approaches to infant-toddler education and care
- support the development of a support network for those working in, researching and managing infant-toddler education and care programs
- enhance the professionalization and profile of specialised infant-toddler practice, pedagogy and research
We invite proposals to present from practitioners and researchers whose work is relevant to infant-toddler education and care. Proposals may be submitted for the following types of presentation:
- Practice-based presentation: Details pedagogical approaches, practitioner inquiry projects, or program-based evaluation that have taken place in education and care contexts (e.g., early childhood centres, playgroups, family day care, museums, libraries, early intervention settings etc),
- Research Presentation: Details and discusses findings or approaches related to an academic study.
For either type of presentation, proposals must include the following information:
- The title of the presentation
- The type of presentation (research or practice-based presentation)
- The name/s and institution/s of the presenter/s
- Email address for the lead presenter
- A 200-word abstract, to address the following:
- the topic of the presentation
- why this topic is important
- how the study (research) or approach (practice) was undertaken
- main findings or outcomes of the project
- implications for future research, practice and/or policy
Presentations will be between 20 and 30 minutes long, with plenty of time for discussion.
Please submit your proposal in a Word document, emailing it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals must be received on or before Sunday May 5th, 2019.
Content owner: Department of Educational Studies Last updated: 05 Jun 2019 10:12am