Psychology test library, Psychology, Macquarie University
What is the Psychology Test Library?
The Psychology Department test library is a vital resource for Psychology Department staff and students, and a significant amount of funding is set aside by the Department on an annual basis to ensure that the holdings are up-to-date and extensive. Library resources are used to teach psychological assessment to all levels of students: postgraduates; and undergraduates. Library resources are also used by professional Masters students on placement, and for research purposes by Masters and research students and staff. Test Library materials are for the sole use of registered borrowers only and must not be lent or used by a third party under any circumstances.
Where Is The Psychology Test Library located?
It is located in building C3A level 3 (ground floor), room 326. There are three staff members involved in the administration of the Test Library:
Janna Enger, Sabrina Iglesias, and Carmela Paredes.
Contact details for the Test Library are:
Telephone: 9850 1802
Who Can Use the Psychology Test Library?
- Members of the Macquarie Psychology Department staff
- Enrolled Macquarie Psychology postgraduate students
- Enrolled Macquarie Psychology honours students
- Honorary associates of the Macquarie Psychology Department
- Enrolled Macquarie Psychology undergraduate students may use the library, but may not borrow tests
The Test Library will open after the Christmas break on
Monday 5 January and will be open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and
Friday of that week. Note that it will be closed on Wednesday 7
Normal hours of operation will operate from Monday 15 January (see below).
Normal Test Library Hours of Operation
|Mon||9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 6.15pm|
|Tue||9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm|
|Wed||9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 5.30pm|
|Thurs||9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm|
|Fri||9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm|
The Test Library is not accessible for borrowing items outside of these hours, although returns can be made at other times, provided that a member of staff is on duty.
Items Available For Borrowing
There is a comprehensive test library data base which can be searched for the range of tests, books, theses and other items. The test library has 2 computers which can be used for this purpose.
There are also catalogues which can be accessed on this web site (see below) or in the test library.
- Psychological tests
- Books (primarily related to psychometrics and research methods)
- Student theses (Honours, Postgraduate Diploma, DPsych, and Masters)
- DVDs and videos
Test Material For Research Purposes
- There are copyright restrictions on the majority of tests held in the library. This means that the photocopying of record forms/answer sheets etc is NOT permitted. Students who need to administer a test for a research project, and therefore require the use of multiple copies of protocol/record forms etc, will need to purchase these forms. In many cases Janna Enger will arrange the purchase of these forms, but test library funding does not cover such purchases. Start by speaking to your Supervisor about this, and note that postgraduate students may be able to apply for an Award to cover the cost of test materials.
- If you require a particular test for your research that is not held in the Test Library, speak to Janna Enger. If it is a test that could be used by several people in the Department, it may be possible for it to be purchased from test library funds.