Expand your connections and develop strategic opportunities. We develop and share knowledge, engage with the wider community and create opportunities for networking, as well as multi-disciplinary approaches to addressing business and societal issues.
Dynamic problem solving
Our professional partnerships are strategic and purposeful. Comprehensive research reports with expert analysis and reliable forecasts that enhance strategy and policy formulation. Your business objectives remain at the fore to ensure results for both your organisation and the leaders of tomorrow.
As a collaborative partner with the faculty, you will access exceptional industry research that allows you to make innovative business decisions and confidently set policy direction. Our capacity to facilitate cross-disciplinary research gives you access to in-depth research data, analysis and interpretation across a range of domains – from financial risk, ethics and governance to applied finance, health economics, management and marketing.
We are known for our research in the fields of:
- social and environmental (eg environmental risk, energy finance)
- risk management (eg modelling of environmental and cyber risk, strong partnerships with industry in insurance research)
- gender and cultural diversity (eg diversity management; multiculturalism and inclusion); gender; China Business Research Network; Gender, Work and Organisation Conference 2018
- healthcare (eg aged care, eHealth; strong partnerships with medical and pharmaceutical companies including Johnson & Johnson, and Amgen)
As a leading industry research organisation, our priority is to engage with our research communities, exchange knowledge with leading experts and produce applied and impactful research and programs.
We recruit first-class researchers and develop strong intellectual capability among our students and our pioneering research centres consistently deliver valued expertise across industry.
They are the:
- Centre for the Health Economy
- Centre for Financial Risk
- Centre for Workforce Futures
- Centre for Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Finance
- Centre for Economic Impacts of Genomic Medicine
The Faculty can develop sophisticated research and analysis designed around your organisation’s challenges. We create actionable insights to deliver practical outcomes and innovative solutions for small- and large-scale projects.
Our research is developed in consultation with industry experts to ensure its relevance to the current commercial environment.
Our work uncovers new perspectives and ideas from industry and academia to address real-world problems in your business.
Our researchers deliver in-depth, industry-relevant knowledge through unbiased, independent research backed by the reputation of a major university.
Some recent collaborative research projects include:
- Solving industry challenges – Australian Self-Medication Industry Footprint Study
- Specialist involvement – Testing and Evaluating Work Health and Safety Reporting Indicators and Guidelines, funded by Safe Work Australia
- An analysis of risk behaviour of bank employees – Elements of Risk Governance and Culture, jointly funded by the Consolidated Framework for Implementation Research with participation from major Australian and Canadian banks
- Conceptual research development and testing of Chinese management practice – The Third Way, jointly funded by the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
Read more here
As leaders in research and innovation, we have a longstanding tradition of synthesising the very best in finance, business and economics theory and application. We take a knowledge-sharing approach to an increasingly complex and evolving financial landscape
Our thought leadership series is a platform for intellectual debate that presents cutting-edge thinking and bold ideas to address financial, economic and political challenges.
Our program of events gives you the opportunity to join the leadership debate, work on strategies to address business challenges, undertake research and develop strategies that drive business growth and analyse developments in financial research. Our executive events include:
- Thought Leadership Forum
- Lighthouse Lecture Series
- CFO Forum
- HR Managers’ Network
- Financial Risk Day Conference
These events provide a platform for our partners to expand their connections and develop strategic cross-border opportunities. Each event addresses a highly relevant and significant topic, where businesses can promote their engagement with higher education and other corporate parters, locally and internationally, and contribute to a broader conversation.
Opportunities for engagement
- Collaborate with leading minds: Work with us on research, explore commercialisation opportunities and gain access to government-funded grant programs.
- Enrich your reputation: Sponsor a research project or event, or offer philanthropic support for academic programs.
- Get out there: Speak to influential audiences at events, be a guest lecture or be involved with alumni events.
Invitation to engage
Join a network of innovative thinkers, prominent researchers and educators, and influential alumni. Use the form below to contact our team.