Food & Shopping
#EatFreeAtTheHub Photo Competition
An exciting social media competition giving participants the opportunity to eat free for the entire term four period.
1. Snap a photo your favourite meal from The Hub
2. Upload it to your Facebook and/or Instagram account and hashtag it with #EatFreeAtTheHub and the reason why it is so good.
3. Make sure your profile is public so your pics can be entered into the draw
4. Enter as many times as you like!
The winner will receive enough vouchers to eat FREE every day at The Hub for all of Term Four 2015!
- Entrants must be a student or staff member of Macquarie University at the time of the promotion
- Entrants must provide valid photo identification to receiving the Prize
- The competition begins at 9am AEST on Monday 31 August 2015
- Entries into the competition close at 5pm AEST on Friday 11 September 2015
(a) The entrant must make a food or beverage purchase at any outlet in The Campus Hub Building (C10A) within the competition period
The participant must take a photo of the food or beverage purchase; upload it to their personal Facebook and/or Instagram account and include the hashtag #EatFreeAtTheHub
(b) Entrants must be sure to make their Instagram and Facebook profiles public (for Campus Life to see the competition entry).
- One (1) winner will be determined by the following criteria as judged by the Campus Life Marketing team:
1. Visual appeal
2. Creative effort
b. Entrants are able to participate as many times as they like
Prize will be drawn on Monday 14 September 2015 at 3pm.
30 x $10 Vouchers (Eat Free for Term 4 2015. 6 weeks x 5 days x $10 = $300)
Terms & Conditions of Voucher Apply
Notification of winners
Winners will be notified immediately after the draw:
- By a comment on entry photo
- On the Campus Life website
- Campus Hub Facebook page
Prize claim date
Prize/s must be claimed by 5pm on Friday 18 September 2015 from the Campus Life Administration Office (Level 0, C10A)
Unclaimed prize draw date and publication date
In the event that the prize(s) are not claimed in the initial draw, a new winner will be drawn on Monday 21 September 2015
Celebrate Library Cafe's 4th birthday with a free cuppa on us!
This Friday 28 August swing past the Library Cafe for a free coffee in celebration of our 4th birthday*!
*Terms and conditions:
- Valid for 6oz Pablo & Rusty's coffee including cappuccino, latte, flat white, long black, short black only (skim and soy available)
- One coffee per person in queue, no multiple orders of free coffees allowed
- Only free between 10am-12pm, 2pm-4pm and 6pm-8pm on Friday 28 August. Coffees are full price before and after these specified times
Marxine's Café Instagram Competition
Marxine's Café has launched a Instagram competition - #marxinescafe - asking you to share unique moments, experiences and interactions with Marxines Café on Instagram.
Good luck and happy Instagramming!
- You must only use the hashtag #marxinescafe to be eligible
- Only entries submitted via Instagram and which are appropriately captioned will be accepted.
- You must have an Instagram account with the privacy settings set to 'public' for valid entry.
- This Competition is open to individual entries only, no group entries will be considered valid.
- There is no maximum number of entries - you can enter as many times as you like!
Entry is only open to persons who, during the Competition Period, are:
- at least 18 years old; and
- members of the public that are permanent residents of New South Wales; or
The following persons are ineligible to enter the competition:
- people that are not permanent residents of New South Wales (other than international students at Macquarie University).
- Entries will be judged according to creativity and originality by the Campus Life team on the last day of each month (or proceeding business day, if the last day of the month falls on a weekend/public holiday), starting February 2015 - There will only be one winner per month.
- The judging panel's decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by a member of the Campus Life via the Instagram post and on the Macquarie University Campus Hub Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/macquarieunicampushub on the last of each month (or proceeding business day, if the last day of the month falls on a weekend/public holiday).
- The winner will be asked to contact Campus Life to arrange a time to claim their prize and must provide their full name, postal address or their current mobile telephone number and email address.
- In the event that a winner cannot be contacted after two weeks, an alternate winner will be selected on the basis of the criteria specified and the original winner will forfeit any prize.
Claiming the prizes
- The prize is to be collected from Campus Life, Level 0, Campus Hub Building C10A.
- The prize winner will be required to show valid identification upon prize collection, and might be required to verify the winning Instagram account belongs to them.
Additional terms and conditions
1. Deemed acceptance: Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these T&C (as may be amended from time to time).
2. Your Images: You agree to grant the Macquarie University ('the University') a free, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable license to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt, publish, broadcast, communicate and perform your entry, in whole or in part for any purpose including the Competition. This may include use in promotional formats broadcast to the public such as through a digital feed via Macquarie University websites, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and Instagram accounts, and in subsequent competition promotions (with attribution), or printed for physical events by Campus Life. You will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
4. Instagram Terms and Conditions apply: Participation in this Competition assumes acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, available at: http://instagram.com/legal/terms/
5. Original Image: Each entry must be an original work by you and you must have obtained the permission from all persons appearing in Images and relevant property owners to enter this Competition. You warrant that your entry is not, and its use by Campus Life will not, infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
6. Game of skill: The Competition is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner/s and each validly submitted entry will be individually judged Campus Life on the basis of originality and creativity, and according to any other criteria specified or adopted.
7. Binding decision: A decision of the University in relation to the conduct of the Competition, including the selection of winning entries, is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Prize is non-transferrable: The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prize, or any element of the prize, cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s.
9. Redemption of voucher: The $25 voucher can be redeemed at all Campus Life outlets at Macquarie University, as well as a selection of other participating outlets on campus.
10. Expiration: The voucher will expire after one year from the date specified.
11. No warranties: The University makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize
12. Disqualification's: The University may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify:
b. any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms, or who has in the opinion of the University, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to, or is likely to, adversely affect the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the University.
13. Varying the competition: The University reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the prize to cancel or vary a competition, or cancel, vary or withdraw its prize. If the University cancels or varies a competition, or cancels, varies or withdraws its prize, it is not:
a. liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
b. required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
14. No liability: You enter the Competition at your own risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the University is not liable for, and you release the University from, liabilities relating to any direct or indirect loss or damage which is suffered, or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained, as a result of entering the Competition, failing to win, winning, accepting or using a prize.