Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub
Across a broad range of industries including technology, banking and finance, entertainment and telecommunications, there is strong demand for cyber security technologies, as well as recognition of the business risk and opportunities provided by the cyber domain.
In response to such risk and opportunities, Macquarie University and Optus have established the Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub. Taking a holistic approach to cyber security, the hub will focus on how cybercrime is perpetrated, how it affects the economy, and how it can be effectively addressed.
The hub provides a variety of products and services including:
Education and workforce development services
- Academic courses available to undergraduate students:
- Academic courses available to postgraduate students:
- Opportunities for engagement with students and staff to recruit workplace-ready graduates
- Professional literacy, technical, and executive development courses designed to meet a range of needs.
- Collaborative research covering cutting-edge cyber security issues
- Dedicated research projects in a variety of areas, including:
- the analysis of security risks, challenges and trends in the national and international cyber domain
- trustworthy computing
- cyber governance.
- Opportunities for engagement with academics and practitioners from business, government and the media through well-established connections with high-level public and private organisations.
- Annual Cyber Security Forum – an industry-wide event including international cyber security experts and representatives from business, financial institutions, technology companies, political leaders, professional services firms, media and academia. The forum will showcase cyber security issues and presentations on the latest cyber developments.
The Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub offers membership to organisations from the private and public sectors within Australia and globally.
Membership opportunities are offered at various levels, with a range of associated benefits available to each membership group. These benefits include opportunities to:
- attend professional development courses at a preferred rate
- access research
- engage in thought-leadership events.