Our courses range from the traditional science disciplines such as biology, chemistry and physics, to information technology, engineering, medical sciences, chiropractic, mathematics, statistics, and many other areas in between. We live in times of great innovation, opportunity and challenge. Our courses provide you with the opportunity to build a career that will be rewarding and satisfying.
Postgraduate coursework degrees are programs of study that lead to Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, or Master degrees. They usually require the successful completion of an appropriate Undergraduate degree or diploma course and sometimes applicants must have professional or other experience. Full details of admission requirements for individual programs can be found in the Programs of Study section in the Handbook of Postgraduate Studies.
Find a course by area of study
Macquarie’s highly regarded science graduates benefit from our interdisciplinary approach and forge successful, productive careers across a range of scientific disciplines including astronomy, biology, chemistry, microbiology and physics.
We combine a strong research-based curriculum with practical skills and industry exposure to make you truly valuable to the marketplace. Study engineering, information systems, software technology solutions, or web design and development.
Macquarie lets you study with people using their knowledge to make an impact on today’s environmental issues. Learn to make positive change in areas like conservation, development, Earth sciences, resource management and sustainability.
Macquarie graduates possess skills that will help drive innovation and improve the lives of people with various health conditions.
Areas of Interest
NEW Academic Achievement Entry Scholarships 2016!
2016 Entry scholarship applications have now closed. Please come back and visit this page later this year for details of our exciting 2017 Entry Scholarships for study in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
What's on offer and how to apply
Full Degree Support Scholarship of $2000 per year (applicable for each year of study throughout the degree)
Open to all applicants.
- Bachelor of Environment OR Bachelor of Environment with the Bachelor of Laws (Combined degree program)
(One scholarship available per program category)
Commencing scholarship of $5000 (open to female student applicants only)
- Bachelor of Information Technology OR Bachelor of Information Technology with the Bachelor of Laws (Combined degree program)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) OR Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with the Bachelor of Arts/ Commerce/ Science (Double degree program)
(One scholarship available per program category)
Full Degree Support Scholarships of $5000 per year (applicable for each year of study throughout the degree)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) ORBachelor of Engineering (Honours) with the Bachelor of Laws/ Arts/ Commerce/ Science (Double degree program)
(Four scholarships available)
To be eligible for these exciting Macquarie Science and Engineering Scholarships you must:
- Be a Year 12 student completing their Year 12 HSC* studies in 2016 and applying for tertiary study in 2017 through UAC (*NSW HSC or Australian matriculation equivalent)
- Achieve an ATAR entrance ranking score equal to or greater than 90
- Meet any other criteria required in your UAC application into the relevant Macquarie program
- Attain a GPA in your first year of studies of at least 3.2 to continue to receive the yearly scholarship amount
- Be available to commence studies at Macquarie University in Semester 1, 2017
- Have the Macquarie Degree Program listed as one of your top 4 UAC preferences at the post-ATAR results January 2017 UAC offer round
- Have completed and submitted the scholarship application form
- Only open to full-time enrolling students commencing their studies in first semester 2017.
- You cannot be awarded more than one of these scholarships, but you may apply for as many separate scholarships as you wish concurrently.
- To fulfil the obligations of the scholarship and receive the financial support you will need to be enrolled as a full- time student in the relevant Macquarie undergraduate degree program as of March 31, 2017.
- Eligibility criteria for continuing to receive our full program scholarships will relate to your Grade Point Average (GPA) performance in your studies once enrolled. Further information on GPA assessment in your program available upon enrolment.
- Current recipients of other Macquarie University academic scholarships for 2017 study are ineligible for these Science and Engineering scholarships.
General scholarship opportunities
Comprehensive information on university scholarships for undergraduate students can be found on the scholarships for undergraduate students page.
Macquarie University offers a wide range of scholarships that not only generously reward students who have demonstrated academic excellence, there are also a wide range of equity scholarships. Each year Macquarie University awards over $2 million in scholarships. In addition to the University scholarships many faculties also provide scholarships for students.