News and events
- Applications for AMSI Vacation Scholarships are now open. Details and how to apply can be found on the AMSI website. Applications closed 16 September 2016. Next round - information available from mid-2017.
- Congratulations to Dr Ji Li, who, together with Lesley Ward from UniSA and Zihua Guo from Monash, has been successful in securing funding support from AMSI to run a workshop here at Macquarie on Harmonic Analysis and PDEs this coming July.
- Dr Justin Tzou, from University of British Columbia, will join the Department in September as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Christopher Green, from QUT, will join the Department in late July as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Catherine Penington, from QUT, will join the Department in early August as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics.
- Dr Paul Bryan, from the University of Queensland, will join the Department in early January 2018 as a Lecturer in Pure Mathematics.
Other recent appointments
- Mr Chris Gordon has joined the Department as a Scholarly Teaching Fellow in February 2017.
- Dr Philip Hackney, previously at Osnabruck University in Germany, joined the Department in January 2017 to work on an ARC Discovery Project with members of CoACT.
- Dr Sophie Calabretto, previously at ETH Zurich, joined the Department as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics in late September 2016.
- Dr Christopher Lustri, previously at the University of Sydney, joined the Department as a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics in early November 2016.
- Dr John Bourke, previously at Masaryk University in the Czech Republic, joined the Department in September 2016 to work on an ARC Discovery Project with members of CoACT.
- Prof Mahadevan Ganesh, Colorado School of Mines (visiting Dr Stuart Hawkins) - 15 May-13 June 2017
- A/Professor Ilya Shvartsman, Penn State University (visiting Professor Gaitsgory)
- Dr John Power, University of Bath (visiting CoACT)
- Prof Walter Tholen, University of York (visiting CoACT)
- Prof Kazuya Kobayashi, Chuo University Japan (visiting Prof Paul Smith)
- Dr Martin Markl, Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (visiting A/Prof Michael Batanin)
- Prof Qui Huy Bui, University of Cantebury (visiting Prof Xuan Thinh Duong)
- Dr David White, Denison University (visiting Associate Professor Michael Batanin)
- Dr Alexei Davydov, Ohion University (visiting CoACT)
- Professor Stephen Garrett, University of Leicester (visiting Professor Jim Denier)
- Dr Dongyong Yang, Xiamen University (visiting Prof Xuan Duong, Dr Ji Li)
17 July 2017Sponsored by the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute, and the Australian Mathematical Society....
The Australian Category Seminar is organised by the Centre of Australian Category Theory (CoACT).Contact: Dr John Bourke - john.d....
The Applied Analysis Seminars brings together researchers from across the University with an interest in Applied Analysis, Optimisation and Contr...
A series of talks presented by staff from the Department of Mathematics, on topics of broad general interest. The talks will be aimed at the lowe...
The Department Colloquium are held on Friday afternoons, from 3:00 to 4:00 pm, during teaching semester and are followed by refreshments....