Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
MB.BS, FRACP, FACC, FACP, FACC, FCSANZ, FASNC, DDU
- Expending along previous research in quantitation and automation of image data processing, output, and interpretation
- Cardiac resynchronisation therapy with echo & nuclear imaging
- Multi-modality imaging in Medicare regulated practice environment
- Multi-modality imaging - development and validation of test indications
- Cost-effectives studies
- Relative and complementary roles of anatomic vs. function cardiac imaging
- Novel PET tracers in cardiovascular medicine
- Molecular imaging of atherosclerotic and vulnerable plague imaging
- CRTs in preventative cardiology
- Grant SJ, Yu SB, Kiat H, Chang D. "The use of complementary and alternative medicine by people with cardiovascular disease: a systematic review." BMC Public Health. 2012;12(1):299.
- Currie, G.M., Iqbal, B., Wheat, J.M., Wang, L., Trifunovic, M., Jelinek, H.F., Kiat, H., "Risk stratification in heart failure using ¹²³I-MIBG." J Nucl Med Technol. 2011;39(4):295-301.
- Kiat, H., Bin, Y., Grant, S., Chang, D., "Complementary medicine use in cardiovascular disease: a clinician's viewpoint." The Medical journal of Australia. 2011;195(11-12), 654-6.
- Currie, G. M., Kiat, H., Wheat, J. "Scintigraphic Evaluation of Acute Lower Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage Current Status and Future Directions." Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 2011;45(2): 92-99.
- Currie, G. M., Wheat, J., Kiat, H. "Pharmacokinetic considerations for digoxin in older people." Open Cardiovasc Med J 2011;5: 130-135.
- 2011-2014. ANSTO Health Medical Research Grant in MIBG cardiac SPECT.
- 2011-2014. Defence Health Foundation Medical Research Grant in Heart failure.
- 2010-2014. MediHerb Research Support Grant in Lymphedema.
- 2011-2012. Macquarie University Safety Net Funding in Heart Rate Variability.
- 2011-2012. Australian National Imaging Facility Subsidised Research Grant in Functional MRI.