With Sydney’s lockdown in its sixth week, some staff might be feeling increased levels of anxiety and uncertainty.
The University’s COVID-19 website continues to provide the latest advice and updates from Macquarie’s COVID Taskforce to keep our community informed while working and studying through COVID-19 restrictions. It also provides a comprehensive list of resources to help you look after your physical and mental health through this lockdown period.
Under Your wellbeing during COVID-19 restrictions you will find advice and resources including a video series with advice from the University’s experts across psychology, health and education.
Highlights from the video series include:
- Supporting children in remote learning with Associate Professor Penny Van Bergen from the School of Education.
- Supporting elderly in isolation with Professor Viviana Wuthrich, Director of the Centre for Ageing, Cognition and Wellbeing
- Positive pregnancy in a pandemic with Dr Ella Oar, Clinical Psychologist in the Centre for Emotional Health
- Managing kids anxiety in lockdown with Professor Jennie Hudson
- Coping with pandemic stressors with Dr Kath Bicknell from the Department of Cognitive Science
- Support services for Macquarie staff with Nicole Gower, Vice President People and Services.
The site also includes links to a wide range of other supports, including resources from the Benestar Employee Assistance Program and Mindspot.