From 2 August 2021, new functionality will be implemented in Workday as part of Phase Two of the project.
There are a number of new features to be aware of:
Probation process is moving online
- Current paper-based probation forms will be retired across the University, Campus Life and MQ Health.
- Managers and new staff members will use Workday to record probation goals and outcomes.
New options will be available from your Workday employee profile
- Two new menu items will appear on your employee profile: Career and Performance.
- From the Career menu, employees will now be able to record information about their skills, education, experience, languages, certifications, awards, and professional affiliations in a ‘talent profile’. This information will be visible to all employees and is searchable (with the exception of certifications).
- From the Performance menu, employees will be able to set goals which will feed into their annual performance and development review. Goals will be visible to your direct manager and HR.
Minor changes are being introduced to the recruitment and onboarding processes
- Job applicants and new starters will be able to capture their skills, education, and certifications in a ‘talent profile’ when applying for a role or completing onboarding.
New Leave Dashboard for managers and budget owners
- Managers and budget owners will now be able to view a dashboard showing leave history, planned leave, and leave balances, including excess leave, for team members (available from mid-August).
Planned outage to Workday
To enable new functionality to be deployed, Workday will be unavailable to all users from 5pm Friday 30 July to 12am Monday 2 August.
Want to find out more or have a question?
- Learn more about Phase 2 of Workday on the Workday FAQs page.
- Webinars will be run from early August to explain the key changes and demonstrate the new functionality.
- Refer to the Workday FAQs for helpful information and instructions on using Workday.
- If you need help using Workday, please raise a OneHelp request.
- If you have a question about Workday, please email email@example.com.