Macquarie University’s new application streaming service AppsSream is now available for staff and students to use. AppStream went live on Monday 29 July 2019. iLab will be replaced by AppStream from Sunday 1 December 2019.
AppStream provides staff and students access to existing iLab applications via a web browser from anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Getting started with AppStream is easy with three simple steps:
- Login to okta.com with your MQ OneID and password.
- Select AppStream – Student Applications.
- Click on an application to start streaming
Why are we changing?
Macquarie University is focused on upgrading the application streaming experience that is intuitive – making it simple for student and staff to access and use applications for University work on and off campus.
Central IT is continually working to improve student technology experiences in line with Macquarie University’s strategic priorities. We are investing in modernising our systems which are both significantly effective and efficient. This change is a continuation of our goals to deliver a unified digital experience across platforms and tools on and off Macquarie University campus.
What are the benefits?
The University’s new application streaming service, AppStream will offer a new user interface and much more:
- Faster and more secure way to access applications using your MQ OneID and password to login to AppStream.
- Access applications anywhere, anytime and on any device via web browser (Google Chrome is recommended).
- Easily save and upload your AppStream session files on Google Drive or OneDrive.
- Improved stability, performance and security for applications on demand.
Do I need to be on campus to access AppStream?
No, you can access AppStream using Google Chrome to stream applications from anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Is AppStream running temporary sessions?
Yes, all AppStream sessions are temporary.
How do I save my work files?
AppStream sessions are temporary. You can save and upload your files to Google Drive or OneDrive. Please ensure your work files are saved before ending your AppStream session.
Find out more
Visit goto.mq/appstream to find the FAQs and list of applications available on AppStream.