10 questions with… Jan Hancock

jan_hancock_web

Lead Physiotherapist in Paediatric Services at MQ Health, Jan Hancock, does incredible work helping children learn new skills and recover from injury. She also happens to be a hula hoop master – an essential skill for any paediatric physiotherapist!

(1) In a nutshell, my job is to …
Help children (and their families) to achieve new motor skills or recover following an injury, and to be as active participants in their life as possible.

(2) The question I hear most often in my work is …
“What do paediatric physiotherapists do?” As well as, “What’s in your bag?” (usually a selection of quirky toys).

(3) The thing I find most rewarding in my role is …
Helping children learn new skills and watching them and their family delight in their successes.

(4) This year I want to …
Be innovative and grow an amazing paediatric physiotherapy service at MQ Health.

(5) The bravest thing I’ve done is …
Blackwater rafting in a cave in New Zealand!

(6) A place that’s special to me is …
Anywhere near the water – the beach, a river or lake – it replenishes the soul.

(7) My guilty pleasure is …
Coffee, I can’t manage a day without it.

(8) I’m scared of …
Spiders and snakes.

(9) My hidden talent is …
Hula hooping – an essential skill for a paediatric physiotherapist!

(10) A moment I’ll always remember is …
Swimming with dolphins in New Zealand with my family, such an amazing experience!