The This Week team – and our CEA colleagues – are moving house!
The Corporate Engagement and Advancement (CEA) portfolio – led by Deputy Vice-Chancellor Professor David Wilkinson – is responsible for the University’s brand and reputation, media and communications, student recruitment, alumni relations and philanthropy, corporate partnerships, and events and domestic protocol.
2019 will see some exciting changes in the portfolio, as the University’s externally focused activities continue to gain momentum. Since the establishment of the portfolio five years ago, much progress has been made across all aspects of the team’s work. Examples include:
- A major rebranding and recent launch of the You(Us) campaign.
- Substantial increases in tier one media coverage, including via The Lighthouse.
- Marked improvements in philanthropic revenue to around $10M per annum, and several $1M+ gifts secured.
- Expanded partnerships with local high schools, and maintenance of domestic market share.
- Establishment of the Macquarie Park Innovation District (MPID) and membership of MIT’s REAP program.
- Building the Chi Wah Foundation – Macquarie University Incubator, filling the space with start-ups, and running entrepreneurship programs.
A new name, and welcoming Macquarie International
From 1 December, the portfolio will be re-named Deputy Vice-Chancellor Engagement to better reflect the breadth of activities undertaken by the team.
Macquarie International has joined the portfolio, bringing greater synergies and exciting opportunities for further strengthening of the University’s international reputation.
The portfolio now includes:
- Office of DVC (Engagement)
- Corporate Engagement
- Future Students
- Group Marketing (including Events)
- Macquarie University Incubator
- Macquarie International (including MUIC and the English Language Centre)
Relocation to 58 Waterloo Road
With a prioritisation of on-campus space for the University’s growing teaching, research and face-to-face services needs, the portfolio (excluding the Macquarie International and Incubator teams) will be relocating to a new office space at 58 Waterloo Road from Monday 3 December.
This will place the Engagement team in the heart of Macquarie Park, co-located with University colleagues from Finance, IT Innovation and Faculty of Science and Engineering.
The new office space – which is a 15-20 minute walk from the campus – includes a wide variety of modern meeting room spaces and an on-site café. It will be connected to the campus by a shuttle bus (departing every half hour), with numerous public bus routes also running along the route.
University staff who have scheduled meetings with Engagement staff in coming months are asked to be mindful of the new location, factoring in additional travel time where necessary.