Vinva Scholar Award
The Vinva Scholar Award is valued at $15,000 per year.
The scholarship is renewable for up to three years, subject to ongoing eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
Applications are via the online application form.
Applications for 2020 closed on Sunday 5th January 2020.
The aim of the Vinva Scholar Award is to fund scholars based on excellence and equity, supporting students who have the potential to make a positive impact in the future. The scholarships will be targeted at new students studying Science, Engineering, IT and Business degrees.
The successful applicant for this scholarship will be able to demonstrate:
- admission to an undergraduate course in the Faculty of Science and Engineering and/or the Macquarie Business School for Session 1 2020;
- be studying an undergraduate degree for the first time in 2020;
- be a current school leaver or non-current school leaver with a very competitive ATAR or equivalent;
- someone motivated to work hard to achieve their goals
- be a domestic student;
- be intending to study full time and internally.
Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate that they have experienced hardship or disadvantage. Examples include, but not limited to: financial disadvantage; non-English speaking background; geographic disadvantage.
The application will include a personal statement that should discuss the following three questions:
- Why have you chosen the degree(s) that you have?
- What do you hope to achieve once you complete your undergraduate studies?
- What motivates you to succeed?
Applicants will need to provide two references, one from an academic source (eg school) and one from another person who can comment on your suitability for this scholarship.
Short listed applicants may be contacted to attend an informal interview with representatives of Vinva and Macquarie University.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337 or (02) 9850 6401.