Eligibility: New students with an ATAR of 93 or above, and non-current school applicants with an equivalent admissions rank. Applicants must have a history of practical engagement.
Value: $1,000 per year for up to 3 years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility criteria.
Applications: Currently closed
This scholarship has been developed around the principles of the PACE initiative.
The selection criteria are:
- Current School Leavers need a minimum ATAR of 93
- Non current school leavers could be eligible based on the admissions rank
- To receive consideration for this scholarship applicants will also need to receive an offer to a course at Macquarie University in the UAC Early or Main Round of Offers
- Preference will be given to students who have a history of practical engagement experience with a leadership/service orientation, e.g. participation in structured leadership/volunteering programs; service through leadership positions at school or in the community; service through volunteering with community-based organisations, etc.
- Through a personal statement applicants will need to address the following areas:
- How has the applicant's practical engagement experience benefited their community?
- How has the applicant's practical engagement experience enhanced their own education? For example, what did they learn by doing the activity?
- How does the applicant intend to continue their practical engagement activities whilst at University?
- Applicants will need to provide a letter of support from someone who is familiar with their history of practical community engagement.
The scholarship is renewable for up to 3 years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility criteria.
PACE Scholarship enquiries:
Email email@example.com or phone (02) 9850 7337
Macquarie University's unique PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program engages students in real world learning activities with organisations across Australia and around the globe. The University has a network of over 2,500 host organisations within Australia and around the world provides extensive opportunities for students to explore potential career paths. Students get to actively contribute to an organisation, and make a difference to the community it serves, while developing valuable career skills and networks. PACE is a win-win both for our students and our partners, underlining the principles of reciprocity and mutual benefit on which the program is based.
Find out more about PACE