Alumni Garrawi Scholarship
Eligibility: Postgraduate student of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Value: $2,500 tenable for one year only.
Application: Currently closed
The Macquarie University Garrawi Indigenous Scholarship was established in 2005 to encourage Indigenous students to undertake postgraduate studies at Macquarie University. It is awarded to an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated commitment to Indigenous community advancement.
Eligibility criteria for this scholarship includes:
- academic Merit;
- aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- enrolled or intending to enrol in a postgraduate coursework program;
- demonstrated commitment to course work;
- demonstrated commitment to Indigenous community advancement;
- demonstrated leadership qualities;
- capacity to triumph over hardship which may include: financial disadvantage, sole parent or carer responsibilities, non- English speaking or Indigenous background, effects of trauma and/or abuse, long-term medical condition or disability or coming from a rural or remote area.