Macquarie University Higher Study Scholarship
The Macquarie University Higher Study Scholarship is valued at $10,912 for full time study rate or $5,456 for part time study rate (2019 value).
The scholarship is renewable for the normal duration of recipient's program of study subject to meeting ongoing eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
Applications are via uac.edu.au/equity
Session 2 applications are open now. Closing date and offer rounds for Session 2 offers to be confirmed.
The Macquarie University Higher Study Scholarship is designed to support recipients to continue their studies to a Postgraduate Coursework or Honours level. This scholarship is not intended for students undertaking research courses.
The scholarship generously rewards students who have demonstrated academic excellence but it also has an equally strong commitment to equity.
The successful applicant for this scholarship will be:
- An Australian citizen, Permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
- Studying or intending to study full-time or part time at the Honours or postgraduate coursework level in a Commonwealth Supported place or tuition fee place
- Able to demonstrate financial hardship. Applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support payment
Consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition to financial hardship, demonstrate any of the following:
- capacity to triumph over hardship
- Indigenous background
- carer responsibilities
- geographic Disadvantage
- English language difficulty
- long term medical condition or on going effects of abuse
Academic merit will also be considered.
Priority will be given to students who qualified for a Macquarie equity scholarship during their undergraduate study. Preference is also given to students who have not previously completed postgraduate study. Students coming from another university or not previously in receipt of a scholarship can also apply.
Email email@example.com or phone (02) 9850 7337 / (02) 9850 6401.