Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship (MAS)
The Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship is valued at $10,912 per year (2019 value).
The scholarship is renewable for up to four years, subject to ongoing eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
Applications are via uac.edu.au/equity
Session 2 applications will open on 3rd April.
The Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship is an undergraduate equity scholarship awarded on the basis of need to eligible students who have relocated to study at Macquarie University from a regional or rural area. It is designed to support regional or rural recipients whose opportunities to study at university may have been hampered by situations out of their control.
The successful applicants for this scholarship will be:
- Able to demonstrate financial hardship. Applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or other means tested Commonwealth support.
- Relocating from a regional or rural area to study at Macquarie University.
- Studying as an internal student
Consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition to financial hardship, demonstrate any of the following:
- Capacity to triumph over hardship
- Indigenous background
- Carer responsibilities
- Geographic Disadvantage
- Non English speaking background
- Long term medical condition or
- Ongoing effects of abuse
These scholarships are available for any undergraduate course and students can apply at any stage of their course. Students who have a completed Bachelor degree or higher award at a tertiary institution will not be considered for Macquarie equity scholarships.
Email email@example.com or phone (02) 9850 7337 / (02) 9850 6401