Jennifer Barton Memorial Law Scholarship
Eligibility: Continuing second year female student undertaking study in the Macquarie Law School.
Value: $5000 tenable for one year only (paid in two $2,500 installments)
The purpose of this scholarship is to support a female student who is undertaking study in the Macquarie Law School. The scholarship was created in memory of a Macquarie Law School graduate Jennifer Barton.
The successful applicant will:
- be a domestic student starting her second year of a law degree within the Macquarie Law School in the year which the scholarship is awarded;
- be intending to study full time and internally. Afull time waiver can be granted in instances where the student can demonstrate a need to study aprt time (e.g. carer responsibilities, long term medical condition, currently working part time in a law related field);
- have demonstrated commitment to their community and/or social justice;
- be able to demonstrate (via personal statement, letters of reference and/or an interview) some of the personal qualities of Jennifer Barton such as courage, determination, diligence, generosity of spirit and being a role model or mentor;
- have demonstrated academic merit (the student's overall grade point average) may be considered.
- have demonstrated financial need.
Applicants are required to provide two letters of reference and an interview will be required.
The scholarship shall not be awarded in any year in which no candidate is considered to be of sufficient merit.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7337