Accounting Co-op program
Cooperative Education program
Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice
Combine study with relevant industry experience and receive a salary while on placement.
Our new Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice offers the opportunity to participate in Macquarie’s Cooperative Education program (Co-op). This highly competitive course will see you alternate between classroom studies and workplace experience in the form of three industry placements of three to six months each throughout your degree. You’ll develop professional skills and networks across different workplace settings, and use your practical experiences in the classroom, while also receiving a salary while you are on placement.
Who you are
- completing or have completed the HSC (or equivalent)
- show a genuine interest and motivation to enter the accounting profession
- be active in school and/or community activities
- be able to demonstrate exceptional communication, teamwork, problem solving, innovation, service and leadership skills
- be an Australian/New Zealand citizen or permanent visa holder
- desirable minimum selection rank of 95 (which includes a maximum of 5 Educational Access Scheme adjustment points, if eligible). Students expecting a selection rank of 90 or above are strongly encouraged to apply. No adjustment points (except Educational Access Scheme) will be considered for this requirement.
- Any level of HSC mathematics (or equivalent) desirable
How to apply
To apply, you need to register online. Please revisit this site on the 30 April 2018 for further details.
As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a 2-3 minute video of yourself responding to 3 specific questions and submit a one-page résumé. If you are completing your HSC (or equivalent) in 2018, your school will be asked to provide an academic reference which includes your date of birth and your most recent HSC (or equivalent) trial results.
Applications close at 5:00pm on 28 September 2018.
You must also apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and select Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice (300228) as one of your preferences to gain admission to the program.
If your application is shortlisted, you will be contacted in the first week of November 2018 to schedule an interview during the week of 26 - 30 November 2018.
To help you prepare for your interview, a 2 hour voluntary Interview Preparation Workshop will be held on Wednesday 21 November 2018.
If you are successful at interview, you’ll receive a conditional offer for the Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice Co-op program, pending all final ATAR (or equivalent admission rank) results.
Further questions? Read the FAQs here.
This is an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) accredited qualification.
Accredited with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (every 5 years), CPA Australia (every 5 years), Institute of Public Accountants (as required) and The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (as required).