Study at Macquarie, Experience Australia
Macquarie University offers Study Tour programs which cater to a wide range of group types, interests and sizes providing opportunities for students to “try” before deciding on studying abroad.
We have organised Study Tours for over 20 years. Our programs are very flexible so let us create a customised program for your high school, university or corporate group.
Improve your English language skills at Macquarie University English Language Centre (ELC). Study with existing English language students or we can arrange customised programs.
Developed for international high school students to experience what it is like to be a university student. This program is an opportunity to experience all of the faculties and interact with university students. English language studies can also be included.
This program allows current and trainee English teachers to participate in TESOL Methodology Workshops and also to improve their English language skills.
A range of Summer School programs developed for high school and university students. English language studies can also be included.
The Macquarie experience
All Study Tour participants:
- Have access to all Macquarie University's facilities, for example, the library, sports and aquatic centre, food court, cafes and medical facilities
- Can take part in all events and activities on campus, for example, student associations and clubs, special events, etc.
- Are presented with a certificate at the end of the program
The cultural experience
We offer a total package which includes exciting activities and excursions to complement the learning experience, for example, guided city sightseeing tours, visits to Sydney's famous attractions, native Australian wildlife parks, learning to play cricket or how to surf.
We can also arrange the following on request:
- Professional internships ranging from 8-24 weeks
- Company visits
- Guest lectures from Macquarie University or local businesses to speak on a variety of topics
- Lecture observations
- Volunteering opportunities
- "Buddy Program " where students can interact with current Macquarie University students
Accommodation can also be arranged for participants:
Homestay is a popular choice for Study Tour groups. Participants stay with an Australian family, immersing themselves into Australian culture, with lots of opportunities to practice their English.
On campus residential colleges offer single rooms with shared or private bathrooms, all meals, linen, towels and internet access. Opportunities to interact with students from different nationalities.
Other accommodation options, for example, serviced apartments are also available, subject to availability.
Costs are based on the size of the group, program content, and start date.
Take advantage of our special off-peak rates for English tuition (February, June, July and October).