Macquarie University Accommodation - COVID-19 Update
The Macquarie University Accommodation office remains OPEN while classes are paused.
It’s all about you
The safety of our staff and students is our top priority.
The recent spread of COVID-19 is of great concern to our community. Please be assured that we’re monitoring the situation closely and working with NSW Health to ensure our community members stay healthy and safe.
To help you stay healthy and do your part in limiting the spread of this virus, we’ve designed this Coronavirus Cheat Sheet. It contains information about healthy hygiene habits, virus symptoms and who to contact if you are unwell.
We’ve got your back with increased cleaning of common areas and more internet access to support your online studies.
We’ve also taken additional precautions to protect our residents, including:
- Cancelling all social and academic events at Herring Road Apartments and Dayman Apartments until further notice.
- Increasing sanitisation of high-touch points in each residence.
- Placing hand sanitiser at each residence.
- Arranging for self-isolation of students who have returned from overseas and/or present with cold/flu symptoms.
- Reducing visitors to Macquarie University accommodation by requesting residents to:
- keep the number of guests to a minimum
- avoid get-togethers or parties in your room or common areas
For more information and advice about COVID-19, visit https://www.mq.edu.au/about/coronavirus-faqs.
- the Macquarie University website, and your student email, for updates relating to the impacts of the virus on the campus and it’s community
- the updated, and dedicated, student FAQ’s for information about how Macquarie University is managing any changes for our students
- the iLearn sites for each of your units to stay up to date with any changes to your unit and assessment items.
If you are self-isolating because you’ve recently returned from travelling, have been in contact with someone affected by the virus or are feeling unwell you can get find guidelines on self-isolation on the NSW Government Health website here.
- But most importantly, let us know via the Accommodation team or Student Wellbeing.
Look after yourself (and each other)
It’s important to stay connected with each other without putting yourself, or others, at risk of contracting the virus.
- Phone or text your friends and family
- Log in to your online lectures and tutorials and interact with the rest of your class
- Connect with interest groups via social media or online
You can also download the University’s dedicated student wellbeing app, MQWellbeing, free from your preferred app store. MQWellbeing has hints, tips, tricks, hacks and podcasts to support your wellbeing.
You might also decide it’s not too late for a Macquarie Mentor. Sign up at mq.edu.au/mentors.
We’re still here for you
We’re still here and focused on supporting you during your studies. We’re working on some ways our Macquarie student accommodation community can stay safely connected, and support each other, during this time.
If you want to chat to us, have questions or need advice please call us on + 61 2 9850 7965 or email@example.com.
Other key contacts are in the MQ2020 Student Essentials Diary. Make the most of your mid-session break and read it cover to cover!
Please look after yourself, stay informed and connected and remember we’re still here for you.