Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - European
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - European provides a partial scholarship for outstanding students from a European country to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. This Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - European is highly competitive and will be awarded progressively through the year to future applicants to Macquarie University based on academic merit.
What does the Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship cover?
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - European is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, the amount is AUD$5,000 and it will be paid after the Census Date student's program in their first session.
Priority areas: Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - European is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
- Be a citizen of a European Country (Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Holy See, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and United Kingdom).
- Have met the University's academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0 out of 7.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one Session in duration.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the semester and year indicated in their offer of Scholarship.
- Commencement may not be deferred and must be in 2018 or 2019 only.
- Students must stay enrolled in their program to be eligible to receive the AUD$5,000 payment. Hence, if you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University. Students may be eligible to accept the European Scholarship together with this scholarship if they fulfil the above conditions.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College or Macquarie City Campus.
How to apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “VCIS-European" in the Scholarship Name field.
Once you have completed the online scholarship application form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No logo uploaded
Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarships - European have been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for students from European countries. These scholarships are awarded progressively throughout the year to future applicants. This partial scholarship is awarded once students commences and stays with the program. The award is paid after the Census Date student's program in their first session.
Area of study
Education; Engineering and IT; Environment; Health and medical sciences; Law, security and intelligence; Media, creative arts, and communication; Science; Society, history and languages
Has a GPA requirement; International students only; Only eligible to specific countries; Full offers only
International, Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship, VCIS, European, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Bachelor, Master, Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, Education, cash
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
Level of study