Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship - China Elite
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - China Elite provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students from China. This scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion to study in the area of Media, Translation and Interpreting, Chiropractic or Actuarial, our elite and highly ranked programs at Macquarie University. The Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - China Elite is highly competitive and will be awarded progressively throughout Session 1 (February) and Session 2 (July) based on academic merit as follows:
|Study Area||Program Name||Awards per year|
|Translation and Interpreting|
What does the Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - China Elite cover?
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - China Elite is a Partial Scholarship to support studies in the area of Media, Translation and interpreting, Chiropractic or Actuarial Studies. The total value of the scholarships is AUD$10,000 and will be applied towards your tuition fee when you commence your study at Macquarie University.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - China Elite does NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - China Elite is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
- Have a citizenship of China (PRC) or Taiwan.
- Have met the University's academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship.
- Hold a full offer of admission or package offer with English for one of the following programs at Macquarie University (North Ryde Campus) and have met the respective academic performance requirement as follows:
|Bachelor of Media||ATAR: 88 / 100|
|Master of Media||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Bachelor of Marketing and Media||ATAR: 96 / 100|
|Master of Creative Industries||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Master of Translation and Interpreting Studies||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Master of Advanced Translation and Interpreting Studies||GPA: 5.0 / 7.0|
|Bachelor of Chiropractic Science||ATAR: 82 / 100|
|Master of Chiropractic||GPA: 4.5 / 7.0|
|Bachelor of Actuarial Studies||ATAR: 97 / 100|
|Master of Actuarial Practice||GPA: 5.5 / 7.0|
- Commence the degree program in one of the following sessions: Session 1 (February), 2018; Session 2 (July), 2018; Session 1 (February), 2019; Session 2 (July), 2019. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
* Double degree programs that contain one of the programs listed above are also eligible, provided the candidate holds a full offer of the double degree program.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia, New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University, unless you are advised otherwise by the representative of Macquarie University.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College.
How to apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “VCIS - China Elite" in the Scholarship Name field.
No logo uploaded
Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - China Elite has been designed to recognize academic excellence and provide financial assistance for students from China and Taiwan. These scholarships are awarded to certain programs progressively throughout the year to future applicants.
Area of study
Business; Health and medical sciences; Media, creative arts, and communication; Science
Has a GPA requirement; International students only; Only eligible to specific countries; Full offers only
china, taiwan, International, Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship, VCIS, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Bachelor, Master, Media, Translation, interpreting, Chrio, Chiropractic, actuarial, elite
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
Level of study