Study Tour / Field Trip - Mitsui Educational Foundation (MEF) in Japan
Mitsui & Co. (Australia) Ltd. invites university students to help promote mutual understanding and friendship between Australia and Japan by taking part in the 2018 Mitsui Educational Foundation Study Tour of Japan.
The 21-day study tour will take Australian university students through various regions of Japan, providing opportunities to learn about Japanese culture, society, business and industry as well as participate in a number of people-to-people exchanges. All airfare, transport, meals and accommodation will be met by the Mitsui Educational Foundation.
Cities: Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe & Hiroshima
Program Dates: 20 November 18 - 11 December 18
Type of program: Study Tour / Field Trip
Length of Program: 21 days
Language of Instruction: English
Accommodation: Accommodation will be arranged and paid by MEF.
The 21 day tour provides a balanced experience of corporate, traditional and contemporary Japanese culture.
All transport, accommodation, insurance and transfer costs are borne by MEF and the students are accompanied by the tour coordinator from Mitsui Australia.
Places visited include:
* Kyoto, Nara, Kobe & Hiroshima: Places of historical significance
* Hakone: in the foothills of Mt. Fuji, showcases the natural beauty of Japan
* Tokyo: Various tourist locations including temples, shrines, museums, and gardens
* Australian Embassy in Tokyo
Plants and offices visited include:
* Toyota Motor Corporateion
* Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
* Tokyo International Air Cargo Terminal (#)
(# Mitsui & Co.’s 100% subsidiaries)
* Ozeki Corporation
* Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
* Vendor Service (#)
People Exchange opportunities include:
* A 3-day Homestay with a Japanese family, allowing a firsthand experience of everyday Japanese life
* Activities with Japanese university students who will commence employment with Mitsui next year
* Attending a lecture at Keio University together with their students
Please keep in mind that this is a non-credit bearing program and Macquarie Abroad will not arrange any travel grants or scholarships - everything is arranged by Mitsui & Co.
For further information regarding this program, please have a look at the program website.
For more details, please have a look at the program flyer.
The application process for this program differs from the other exchange programs, so please apply using this link.
* Are full-time, on-campus undergraduate students, second year or above
* Australian citizen
* Academically capable, but selection is not contingent on high academic achievement
* Can clearly demonstrate a keen interest in learning broadly about Japan, and could most benefit from the MEF experience
* Will act as outstanding ambassadors for their university, state, and Australia on the tour
**Study of Japan/Japanese language is not required to be eligible for the tour.
How to apply
You'll need to submit a 500 word statement. Statement must cover the followoing points:
* Your interest in Japan;
* What you would like to get out of this tour/program;
* How you intend to contribute to the tour/program; and
* Your ability to be an ambassador for your university and Australia during the tour.
Please lodge your EOI from this link.
No logo uploaded
No summary entered
Area of study
No AOS entered
No eligibility entered
No tags entered
No email entered
No value entered
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
No closing dates URL entered
Level of study