Study Tour - Faculty of Arts - New Colombo Plan
Faculty of Arts - India Study Tour (3 weeks)
This international study tour involves a 3 week study program conducted by Indian university partners across Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. Delivered by expert scholars from India’s most prestigious liberal arts colleges, and led by a Macquarie University staff member, this program will allow students to gain an introduction to Indian culture, politics and language. It will draw upon the unique strengths of the partners and will be supplemented by cultural visits and day trips. This program offers a unique opportunity to gain an insight into contemporary India and its history and culture.
- Lady Shri Ram College - Delhi http://lsr.edu.in/
- St Xavier’s College - Kolkata http://www.sxccal.edu/
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) - Mumbai http://www.tiss.edu/
- An ethnology of India.
- Introductory Hindi
- Art and culture, gender, politics, and economy
- Development, Democracy and the Nation State
- Minorities and Development in India
- Poverty, Urban Community, Housing Rights
- Social Exclusion and the Laboring Poor
- LGBT Community, Campaign for Welfare Entitlements and Social Inclusion
- Peace and Conflict Studies (delivered by the Aung San Suu Kyi Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies)
This program is open to all students from Faculty of Arts. Candidates have to prepare their unofficial transcript (from eStudent) and a 200 word statement as supporting documents for assessment. Students should address "how will this study tour enhance your degree program and/or support your future career aspirations" in this statement.
Students will be eligible for New Colombo Plan (NCP) funding to support their visit. Students will enroll in the unit INTS103 and receive credit. There is option to enroll in either Session 2 or 3.
Program Dates: 8 September 2018 - 29 September 2018
Area of Study: All students from the Faculty of Arts
Type of program: Study Tour
Length of program: 3 weeks
Language of Instruction: English
Academic Advice: All students looking to apply for a program should seek Academic Advice with the relevant Department or Faculty.
Application must be submitted by the 6th of July.
If you wish to take a participate in this program, please lodge your EOI through this link.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Australian citizenship for NCP Mobility Scholarship
- Be a current student from Faculty of Arts
- Prepare the unofficial transcript (from eStudent) and a 200 word statement as supporting documents for assessment. Students should address "how will this study tour enhance your degree program and/or support your future career aspirations" in this statement.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (varies each program),
- Completion of at least 12cp at the time of application. 18cp to go abroad, Enough credit points remaining to complete the program,
- Comply with the eligibility criteria outlined in the Student Exchange Policy.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete an online Application Form. You'll have to complete this form and upload the below 2 documents in the "Attachment" area:
- Unofficial transcript generated from eStudent
- 200 word statement (Students should address "how will this study tour enhance your degree program and/or support your future career aspirations" in this statement)
- Application must be submitted by the 6th of July.
Application Fee and Payment Options: For all exchange programs (semester and short term), there is a compulsory application fee. For more information and payment options please refer to the Cost and Funding Website.
Insurance: It is a requirement of the exchange program that all students must purchase their own travel insurance to cover them for the duration of their entire journey overseas. More information will be given to students upon acceptance.
Program Costs: You remain enrolled at Macquarie University and continue to pay your tuition fees to Macquarie University. As an exchange student you pay no tuition fees to host university. However, you must also always be prepared for unexpected expenses, and should consider how you will be dealing with the expenses of your exchange before you leave your home country. Prior to departure, you will need to save sufficient funds to cover all of your expenses for the duration of your exchange. Some costs to consider include: airfares, students visa (if required), travel health insurance, accommodation, food, additional travel, entertainment, textbooks, incidental expense. If you wish to work while you are away, it is important to note that work rights for international students vary from country to country. For further information about your visa restrictions please contact the consulate or embassy of your host country.
*Disclaimer: Macquarie University does not ensure the quality or reputation of activities run externally, should students choose to undertake these activities they take on the full risk and responsibility. All students need to undertake their own risk assessment before departure, considering wisely their personal health and safety risks. Ultimately participation in these activities is at the students’ risk.
No logo uploaded
3 week Faculty of Arts study tour of India, hosted by Lady Shri Ram College (Delhi), St. Xavier’s College (Calcutta) and Tata Institute of Social Sciences (Mumbai). New Colombo Plan funding available.
Area of study
Media, creative arts, and communication; Society, history and languages
No eligibility entered
Faculty of Arts, Study Tour, INTS103, Macquarie, Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) (July) - New Colombo Plan, Short Term Exchange, India, Media, Creative arts, and communication, Society, history and languages
Up to AU$3,000
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
No closing dates URL entered
Level of study