Semester Exchange - Asia Society Scholarship Program
Macquarie University Asia Society Scholarship Program is a scholarship program encouraging students to undertake a semester exchange in one of the partner universities in Asia and obtain credit towards their Macquarie University degree.
Valued at up to $10,000, the scholarship contributes towards accommodation living expenses, and return flights to and from the host city in Asia.
Country/Region: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Fiji
Partner Universities are all the exchange partners listed on this page under the Semester Exchange -> Asia tab.
Area of study is dependent on the programs hosted by the host university.
Type of program: Semester Exchange
Length of Program: 1 Session
Scholarship holders will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Invitation to Asia Society - Generation Asia networking events for a year
- Asia Society Pre-Departure Workshop
- 100 points towards the Macquarie Global Leadership Program
Macquarie students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program.
- Study full time while on exchange at the host university
- Hold a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 5.0/7.0
- Meet host university entry criteria
- This scholarship program is open to Commonwealth supported students as well as International Students.
Note: International students are not permitted to go on exchange in their home country.
How to apply
Candidates need to complete the application form for semester and short term program and email email@example.com an application statement, which needs to meet the following criteria:
- 1-2 pages in length (minimum 300 words) with your name and student number.
- The statement needs to address all the three topics below:
- Adaptability and Resilience
- Leadership in the community
- Ability to contribute to the Alumni Community of Macquarie University Asia Society scholarship
For all exchange programs (semester and short term), there is a compulsory application fee.
There is a scholarship amount of up to $10,000. For more information and payment options please refer to the Cost and Funding Website.
Airfare: subject to change depending on time of booking. Students should not book until they receive official acceptance from their host University
It is a requirement of the exchange program that all students must purchase their own travel insurance to cover them for the duration of their entire journey overseas. More information will be given to students upon acceptance.
This is a fee-paying program, all students must pay the program fee under the instruction of the host university.
No logo uploaded
Macquarie University-Asia Society Scholarship Program is a co-branded scholarship to incentivize students to undertake a semester exchange program in a leading partner University in Asia.
Area of study
No AOS entered
Has a GPA requirement
Scholarship, Asia, Semester Exchange, Asia Society
Up to $10,000
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
No closing dates URL entered
Level of study
No LOS entered