Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
The VCIS- FIRST® offers generous scholarships to reward the high-achieving FIRST® Robotics participants. As a new student commencing study in Macquarie University, you could be eligible for one of the below awards:
Full tuition scholarship*
AU$20,000 for the length of the program*
AU$5,000 for a one-off payment at the commencement of the program
*Full tuition and AU$20,000 scholarships are only available for the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (CRICOS Code 087876F).
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have participated in the FIRST® Robotics Program.
- Must have full offer of admission to Macquarie University commencing in either Session 1 or 2 by the deadline, with minimum ATAR score of 90 out of 100, submitting their scores from the SAT (or any other equivalent high school qualification).
- Have applied for a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree.
- Students nominated must have demonstrated enthusiasm for engineering and science.
How to apply
Once applicants have received their full course offer, they must then complete an online scholarship application form and type “FIRST” in the Scholarship Name field.
Additional requirements to support student's application include:
- A letter of recommendation from the FIRST® Team Mentor/Coach, and
- Submitting an essay describing the impact FIRST® has had on their choice of university study and how they intend to work with the FIRST® community in the future.
- Once the scholarship application form has been submitted, please get in touch with MI Scholarship team at email@example.com on how to submit your essay.
- You will need your Macquarie University Student Number to complete the online scholarship application form.
- You will have to submit a scholarship application form to be considered for the scholarship.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Learn more about the FIRST® Global Scholarship.
No logo uploaded
The VCIS- FIRST® offers generous scholarships to reward the high-achieving FIRST® Robotics participants.
Area of study
Engineering and IT
Has a GPA requirement; International students only; Full offers only
International, Undergraduate, Bachelor, FIRST, Engineering, Computer, Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronic, Software, Telecommunications, Wireless, Full
2 full tuition fee scholarships; 1 partial tuition fee scholarship of up to AU$20,000; 100 partial tuition fee scholarships of up to AU$5,000
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
Level of study