Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
The VCIS- FIRST® offers one full tuition scholarship to reward the high-achieving FIRST® Robotics participant. This scholarship is only available to applicants commencing degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering in Macquarie University.
The deadline is 13 December 2019 and the outcome will be announced by 17 January 2020.
Applications are closed for 2020.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Meet the Academic and English requirements for a Macquarie University Bachelor Degree commencing in 2020 by the deadline, with a minimum ATAR score of 90 out of 100.
- Apply for a degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- Be accepted into a Macquarie University Bachelor Degree commencing in 2020.
- Have participated in the FIRST® Robotics Program.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for engineering and science.
- Enrol and begin your course as per your Letter of Offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Maintain your enrolment throughout your course in a full‐time study load which is 8 standard units per academic year.
- Meet the University’s Academic progression policy.
- This scholarship is for on-campus study only.
- Students who have received any other Macquarie University scholarship will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- You are not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- If you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
How to apply
Once applicants have received their full course offer, they must then complete an online scholarship application form and type “FIRST” in the Scholarship Name field.
Additional requirements to support student's application include:
- A letter of recommendation from the FIRST® Team Mentor/Coach, and
- Submitting an essay describing the impact FIRST® has had on their choice of university study and how they intend to work with the FIRST® community in the future.
- Once the scholarship application form has been submitted, please get in touch with MI Scholarship team at email@example.com on how to submit your essay.
- You will need your Macquarie University Student Number to complete the online scholarship application form.
- You will have to submit a scholarship application form to be considered for the scholarship.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Learn more about the FIRST® Global Scholarship.
No logo uploaded
The VCIS- FIRST® offers one full tuition scholarship to reward the high-achieving FIRST® Robotics participant.
Area of study
Engineering and IT
Has a GPA requirement; International students only; Full offers only
International, Undergraduate, Bachelor, FIRST, Engineering, Computer, Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronic, Software, Telecommunications, Wireless, Full
1 full tuition fee scholarship
No phone entered
Closing dates URL
Level of study