Macquarie leaders and achievers
Our Macquarie Leaders and Achievers early entry scheme supports and inspires the leaders of tomorrow.
We are looking for students who have made an active and significant contribution to their community, who show initiative and commitment, and who can demonstrate academic achievement through their Year 11 results.
If your application is successful, you will receive an offer to study at Macquarie University in 2020—before you complete your HSC. The top 15 applicants will be eligible to receive a scholarship of $10,000 per year (for up to five years).
Applications close Monday 26 August 2019.
Who you are
- You’re completing the New South Wales Higher School Certificate, ACT Senior Secondary Certificate or International Baccalaureate in 2019
- You are interested in the challenges facing our world and in making an impact
- You’ve demonstrated leadership qualities and/or contributed towards positive change in your community
- You’re consistently achieving good results at school
What you can study
All undergraduate courses are available except:
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Professional Accounting and Bachelor of Professional Practice
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
See the full course list
- Applicants for the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and its double degrees are required to undertake HSC Mathematics Extension 1, IB Higher Level Maths and ACT Specialist Mathematics/Specialist Methods (double major).
- Applicants for teaching courses will need to complete a survey before an offer is made. You will receive details about this once you have submitted your application and preferences.
- Offers for combined bachelor + master degrees will only be made from September round onwards.
Benefits for successful applicants
- Peace of mind that you’ve already received an early offer for your dream course
- Become familiar with life as a Macquarie student at your exclusive welcome session