Big History Scheme
What is it?
The Big History bonus points scheme rewards your commitment to learning, acknowledging your participation and completion of the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) available through the COURSERA® platform.
Who you are
A student who is studying in Australia or studying the Australian Curriculum overseas or equivalent and is considering applying through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) to Macquarie University within the next 3 years to study a bachelor degree.
To be eligible for the Big History bonus points scheme you will need to verify completion of the Big History: Connecting Knowledge course available on the COURSERA® platform.
How you apply
You will need to:
- Enrol in the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC.
- Students must verify completion of the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC by obtaining a COURSERA® verified certificate for the course.
- When you apply to study at Macquarie through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) you must declare a Big History MOOC qualification and upload a copy of your verified certificate to your UAC application.
- If you apply through UAC within three years of completing the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC, and receive a verified certificate, you will automatically receive three bonus points on your UAC rank for admission to Macquarie University.
Combine your bonus points
Applications in 2018 for all bachelor programs at Macquarie University are eligible for the Big History bonus points scheme with the exception of:
- All actuarial degrees (including double degrees)
You can receive a maximum of 10 bonus points combined across the five schemes, apart from the following degrees for which you can receive a maximum of six bonus points:
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
- Bachelor of Laws and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) and its double degrees.