Big History Scheme
What is it?
The Big History adjustment factor scheme your commitment to learning with 3 (three) adjustment factors for your commitment to learning, acknowledging your participation and completion of the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) available through the COURSERA® platform.
Who you are
A student who is studying in Australia or studying the Australian Curriculum overseas or equivalent and is considering applying through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) to Macquarie University within the next 3 years to study a bachelor degree.
To be eligible for the Big History adjustment factors scheme you will need to verify completion of the Big History: Connecting Knowledge course available on the COURSERA® platform.
How you apply
You will need to:
- Enrol in the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC.
- Students must verify completion of the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC by obtaining a COURSERA® verified certificate for the course.
- When you apply to study at Macquarie through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) you must declare a Big History MOOC qualification and upload a copy of your verified certificate to your UAC application.
- If you apply through UAC within three years of completing the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC, and receive a verified certificate, you will automatically receive three additional points on your UAC rank for admission to Macquarie University.
Combine adjustment factors
You can receive a maximum of 10 additional points combined across seven schemes, excluding the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
for which you can receive a maximum of 6 additional points. Catchment Adjustment Factors cannot be applied for the Bachelor of Clinical Science.
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) and its double degrees
for which you can receive a maximum of 8 additional points.
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting
for which you are only eligible for the Educational Access Scheme and a maximum of 2 additional points through the Academic Advantage Scheme.
are only eligible for the Educational Access Scheme. No other adjustment factor points can be applied.
Content owner: Admissions Last updated: 18 Dec 2019 11:22am