What is it?
Academic Advantage is Macquarie's adjustment factor scheme that recognises your achievements in subjects that correspond to certain courses. Depending on your performance in each of these subjects, you may receive up to three additional points for each one, with a maximum of six adjustment factor points available.
Who you are
You're currently completing the Year 12 Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent, in the year prior to your intended year of admission to Macquarie.
Calculate your adjustment factor
How you apply
You don't need to submit a specific application for Academic Advantage. The Universities Admission Centre (UAC) will calculate eligibility automatically if a Macquarie course is listed in your preferences.
Combine adjustment factors
You can receive a maximum of 10 additional points combined across seven schemes, excluding the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Laws and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Biodiversity and Conservation and Master of Conservation Biology
- Bachelor of Cyber Security and Master of Information Technology in Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Environment and Master of Environment
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Master of Information Systems Management
- Bachelor of Marine Science and Master of Marine Science and Management
- Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences and Master of Applied Statistics
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences and Master of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Laboratory Analysis, Quality and Management
for which you can receive a maximum of six additional points.
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
can receive a maximum of five additional points across all adjustment factors schemes except the Duke of Edinburgh, Queen’s Scout and Queen’s Guide Awards Scheme and the Catchment Adjustment Factors schemes.
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Professional Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Professional Practice and Bachelor of Professional Accounting
are only eligible for the Educational Access Scheme. No other adjustment factor points can be applied.