Gifted and talented entry program
What is it?
Our Gifted and Talented Entry Program allows a select group of high achieving students the opportunity to enrol at Macquarie while still at high school.
As a Gifted and Talented Program student you'll tackle Macquarie's first year Critical Thinking unit in Year 11. You'll gain analytical and reasoning skills that will benefit you in your HSC study. Then pursue your passion with another Macquarie first year study unit to undertake in Year 11 or Year 12.
If you successfully complete your units with the necessary GPA, we'll open the door to an early offer for a Macquarie University degree.
You'll get a head start on everyone else with two completed units already under your belt.
Who you are
- You're in Year 10, thinking ahead to Year 11 and 12.
- You'll be undertaking accelerated completion of one of your HSC subjects (Band 6 or E4) before you commence Year 12 or you've demonstrated outstanding academic achievement in some other way.
What you can study
Gifted and Talented Program students can choose from a wide range of first year units.
If you obtain a GPA of 6.0 or above (distinction or high distinction) in at least two units of study at Macquarie and have completed Year 12 will be eligible to enrol in:
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Ancient History
- Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce*
- Bachelor of Marketing and Media
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) with Bachelor of Human Sciences
*Interview required upon completion of Macquarie units.
How to apply
- Register your interest below and we'll send you all you need to apply.
- Please note that you will need to complete a full HSC program independent of the units offered through this program, as the units undertaken at the University will not form part of the HSC. Similarly, the results from units undertaken at the University won't be included in your ATAR, which is based purely on results from approved HSC courses. However, all successfully completed units will count towards a degree program with Macquarie University. You can enrol into units offered in Session 1 and 2 and 3.
Applications close Friday 22 December 2017.
Hear from our students
My Critical Thinking subject enabled me to develop strong arguments to a University standard, helping me at school, especially with essays. It was also great knowing these classes would count towards my degree at Macquarie. Receiving my early offer for university completely removed the pressure that came with the HSC and allowed me to perform much better in my exams. I would wholeheartedly recommend all budding students to apply for the Gifted and Talented Program.
Arti Ramesh - Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
Register your interest
We'll send you all you need to apply, and you will receive updates on news and events at Macquarie.