At Macquarie University we make sure you’ve got the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Macquarie Standard Foundation, Intensive and Diploma programs all have academic and English language entry requirements. See what documentation you need to submit as evidence of your academic and English language knowledge.
English entry requirements
|Program||English entry requirement|
|Standard Foundation Program||Academic IELTS 5.5 (minimum 5.0 in each band) or equivalent|
|Intensive Program||Academic IELTS 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each band) or equivalent|
|Diploma||Academic IELTS 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each band) or equivalent|
|Assessment Method||See mq.edu.au/english-requirements for other accepted evidence of English proficiency|
Academic entry requirements
|Entry type||Standard Foundation||Intensive Program||Diploma|
|Australian Senior Secondary School||Australian Year 11 (or equivalent) with an overall average mark* of 50.||Australian Year 12 qualification (HSC or equivalent) with ATAR 50; or min. average mark* of 50 on board exams||Australian Year 12 qualification (HSC or equivalent) with ATAR 60; or min. average mark* of 60 on board exams|
Scores for the Australian High School Certificate (HSC) from New South Wales (or equivalent qualifications from other state boards) are based on the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
*Other factors including your ATAR and other attempted studies are taken into consideration with your average mark. Therefore achieving the average mark does not guarantee you an offer. Only relevant State Board approved academic subjects are included when reviewing your average. For instance, in the New South Wales HSC, only results from Category A and B Board Developed courses are considered.
Scores for Australian foundation programs recognised by Macquarie University are calculated based on the overall final result out of 10.0 or by converting percentage marks to a 10-point scale. For entry to some degree programs, students may need to have successfully completed suitable Mathematics or other specified subjects as part of their foundation program.
Accepted foundation programs include:
- Macquarie University Foundation or Intensive Program#
- ANU College Foundation Studies Program
- Monash College Foundation Year
- University of Adelaide College Foundation Studies
- University of Melbourne - Trinity College Foundation Studies
- University of Queensland - IES College Foundation Year
- University of Sydney - Taylors College Foundation Program
- University of Western Australia - Taylors College Perth Foundation Program
- UNSW Global Foundation Program (Standard and Transition)
- Western Australian Universities' (TISC) Foundation Program
- UTS:INSEARCH Foundation Studies Program
# see http://handbook.mq.edu.au for articulation requirements to degree programs
Content owner: Macquarie University International College Last updated: 07 Nov 2019 4:24pm