Diploma of Media and Communication
Study Media and Communication in small classes to gain entry to the second year of your Macquarie Media, Communication or Arts degree.
The Diploma of Media and Communication will equip you with core knowledge and principles in media and communication, including international communications, media, politics and international relations. This program is a great place to start an exciting career in the world of international media and communication.
In this program you will:
- study the same first year undergraduate units as in the faculty
- receive expert teaching from many of Macquarie’s lecturers
- study with students from Australia and around the world
- learn in smaller classes with extra support
- be involved in experiential learning activities
- get assistance with improving English language skills
Quick course facts
Units of study
- seven core units (required) to prepare you with fundamental knowledge in media
- one elective unit (required) chosen to align with your future degree.
During your studies we closely monitor your progress and provide additional support by enrolling you in maths or English Advantage Modules, at no extra cost, to support your learning in all your units.
Find out more
Entry requirements: visit our entry requirements page
Program duration: 9 months
Units per term: 2 units (see our accelerated learning model)
Term duration: 5 terms, 7 weeks each term
It is possible to complete your diploma in 4 terms if you don’t require the additional support of the Advantage Modules.
Term dates: visit our term dates page
Course fees: visit the Diploma of Media and Communication course page
International scholarships: visit our scholarships page
|MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY BACHELOR DEGREE|
Bachelor of Arts majoring in:
|Bachelor of Media|
For the full list of available degrees and double degrees you can join in second year, visit our course page.