Diploma of Information Technology
Study IT in small classes to gain entry to the second year of your Macquarie Information Technology degree.
This program will introduce you to practical and theoretical knowledge in IT, and you will learn the fundamentals of programming, computer science, business systems, database design and digital media. Once you achieve the results you need, you can enter second year and study a range of undergraduate degrees offered by the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
In this program you will:
- study the same first year undergraduate units as in the faculty
- receive expert teaching from many of Macquarie’s lecturers
- study with students from Australia and around the world
- learn in smaller classes with extra support
- be involved in experiential learning activities
- get assistance with improving English language and maths skills.
Quick course facts
Units of study
- four core units (required) to prepare you with fundamental knowledge in information technology (IT)
- four elective units (required) chosen to align with your future degree.
During your studies we closely monitor your progress and provide additional support by enrolling you in maths or English Advantage Modules, at no extra cost, to support your learning in all your units.
Find out more
Entry requirements: visit our entry requirements page
Program duration: 9 months
Units per term: 2 units (see our accelerated learning model)
Term duration: 5 terms, 7 weeks each term
It is possible to complete your diploma in 4 terms if you don’t require the additional support of the Advantage Modules.
Term dates: visit our term dates page
Course fees: visit the Diploma of Information Technology course page
International scholarships: visit our scholarships page
|MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY BACHELOR DEGREE|
|Bachelor of Digital Business|
|Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Software Engineering|
|Bachelor of Information Technology - Games Design and Development|
Bachelor of Information Technology majoring in:
Bachelor of Science majoring in:
For the full list of available degrees and double degrees you can join in second year, visit our course page.