Diploma of Engineering
Study in small classes to gain entry to the second year of your Macquarie Engineering or Science degree.
This program will give you a sound introduction to general engineering studies, as well as practical and theoretical experience in a diverse range of interesting areas such as electronics, mechanical and mechatronic engineering. You will also study how computing, mathematics and physics all play an important role in engineering specialties.
In this program you will:
- study the same first year undergraduate units as in the faculty
- transfer directly to the second year of your Macquarie degree
- receive expert teaching from many of Macquarie’s lecturers
- study with students from Australia and around the world
- learn in smaller classes with extra support
- be involved in experiential learning activities
- get assistance with improving English language and maths skills
Quick course facts
Units of study
- six core units (required) to prepare you with fundamental knowledge in engineering
- two elective units (required) chosen to align with your future degree.
During your studies we closely monitor your progress and provide additional support by enrolling you in maths or English Advantage Modules, at no extra cost, to support your learning in all your units.
Find out more
Entry requirements: visit our entry requirements page
Program duration: 9 months
Units per term: 2 units (see our accelerated learning model)
Term duration: 5 terms, 7 weeks each term
It is possible to complete your diploma in 4 terms if you don’t require the additional support of the Advantage Modules.
Term dates: visit our term dates page
Course fees: visit the Diploma of Engineering course page
International scholarships: visit our scholarships page
|MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY BACHELOR DEGREE|
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in:
|Bachelor of Science (4.0 GPA out of 7.0 required)|
For the full list of available degrees and double degrees you can join in second year, visit our course page.