Diploma of Commerce
Study business in small classes to gain entry to the second year of your Macquarie business degree.
The Diploma of Commerce gives you the key skills you need to succeed in your undergraduate degree and your future career in business. You will study the founding principles of marketing, microeconomics, business and statistics, while learning how to research and academically write in the field of your chosen career.
In this program you will:
- study the same first year undergraduate units as in the faculty
- transfer directly to the second year of your Macquarie degree
- receive expert teaching from many of Macquarie’s lecturers
- study with students from Australia and around the world
- learn in smaller classes with extra support
- be involved in experiential learning activities
- get assistance with improving English language and maths skills.
Quick course facts
Units of study
- five core units (required) to prepare you with fundamental knowledge in business
- three elective units (required) chosen to align with your future degree.
During your studies we closely monitor your progress and provide additional support by enrolling you in maths or English Advantage Modules, at no extra cost, to support your learning in all your units.
Find out more
Entry requirements: visit our entry requirements page
Program duration: 9 months
Units per term: 2 units (see our accelerated learning model)
Term duration: 5 terms, 7 weeks each term - it is possible to complete your diploma in 4 terms if you don't require the additional support of the Advantage Modules.
Term dates: visit our term dates page
Course fees: visit the Diploma of Commerce course page
International scholarships: visit our scholarships page
|MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY BACHELOR DEGREE|
|Bachelor of Applied Finance (5.0 GPA out of 7.0 required)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting|
|Bachelor of Commerce|
|Bachelor of Economics|
For the full list of available degrees and double degrees you can join in second year, visit our course page.
Content owner: Macquarie University International College Last updated: 06 Jan 2020 10:24am