Diploma of Commerce
Study business in small classes to gain entry to the second year of your Macquarie business degree.
The Diploma of Commerce gives you the key skills you need to succeed in your undergraduate degree and your future career in business. You will study the founding principles of marketing, microeconomics, business and statistics, while learning how to research and academically write in the field of your chosen career.
In this program you will:
- study the same first year undergraduate units as in the faculty
- transfer directly to the second year of your Macquarie degree
- receive expert teaching from many of Macquarie’s lecturers
- study with students from Australia and around the world
- learn in smaller classes with extra support
- be involved in experiential learning activities
- get assistance with improving English language and maths skills
Quick course facts
Units of study
- seven core units (required) to prepare you with fundamental knowledge in business
- one elective unit (required) chosen to align with your future degree
Enhancing Skills Modules
During your studies, you will be enrolled into the Enhancing Skills Modules through iLearn to provide you with additional assistance in Mathematics and/or English at no extra cost in order to support your academic success.
Find out more
Entry requirements: visit our entry requirements page
Program duration: 9 months
Units per term: 2 units (see our accelerated learning model)
Diploma of Commerce enrolment guide
Diploma of Commerce enrolment guide (only for students articulating into Bachelor of Actuarial Studies)
Term duration: 5 terms, 7 weeks each term - it is possible to complete your diploma in 4 terms if you don't require the additional support of the Advantage Modules.
Term dates: visit our term dates page
Course fees: visit the Diploma of Commerce course page
International scholarships: visit our scholarships page
|MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY BACHELOR DEGREE|
|Bachelor of Economics|
|Bachelor of Actuarial Studies |
|Bachelor of Applied Finance|
|Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Bachelor of Commerce|
|Bachelor of Economics|
|Bachelor of Professional Accounting|
For the full list of available degrees and double degrees you can join in second year, visit our course page.
Content owner: Macquarie University International College Last updated: 15 Sep 2020 9:50am