MRes - Paving the way to a brighter future
Paving the way to a brighter future
Master of Research (MRes)
Master of Research mid-year entry
Whether you’re headed for a career in research or into a profession that demands research and critical thinking, Macquarie University's MRes program can get you there.
For mid-year entry, undertake research in any of the following areas:
- Cognitive Science
- Educational Studies
Five reasons to choose our Master of Research
- Broaden your horizons – study a degree that’s internationally aligned and globally relevant, making it easy to take your talent overseas.
- Be ready – gain the advanced research skills you need for a career in research that delivers world-changing impact.
- Stay ahead of the pack – hone your research skills before beginning doctoral study and complete your PhD in only three years.
- Get immersed – enrich your knowledge by undertaking advanced topics within your department and in other disciplines.
- Join the team – be part of Macquarie’s wider research community and benefit from peer-to-peer support.
Duration: Two years full-time
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Candidates who’ve completed prior postgraduate studies or Honours may be eligible to progress directly to Year 2 of the MRes.
Fees: For domestic candidates, Year 1 of the MRes is offered as a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), and the Research Training Program (RTP) covers Year 2. All international students enrolled in the MRes are full fee paying.
Scholarships: Full-time domestic candidates receive a $4,000 stipend in Year 1, Session 1. High performing students are eligible to receive the stipend again in Year 1, Session 2. Year 2 scholarships are awarded through a competitive ranking process based on academic merit, and paid at the RTP scholarship rate ($26,682 per annum in 2017, tax free).
Exchange: The MRes exchange program offers you the chance to undertake international experiences during your studies.