Terms and Conditions
Macquarie University International Student Barometer 2017 Survey Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Macquarie University International Student Barometer 2017 Survey Competition(“the Competition”) is being conducted in connection with the online 2017 Macquarie University International Student Barometer Survey (“the Survey”). Instructions on how to enter the Competition, information on prizes and other details contained in promotions for the Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Survey will be conducted and administered for Macquarie by an independent contractor to Macquarie University - International Graduate Insight Group Ltd of Redhill Chambers, 2D High Street, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1RJ (“i-graduate”).
3. The terms and conditions of the Competition are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales. The Competition is a gratuitous lottery as defined in the Lotteries and Art Unions Act 1901 (NSW) and as such no permit is required.
4. The Promoter of the Competition is Macquarie University (Macquarie International) ABN 90 952 801237, Level 1, Building E3A, 10 Macquarie Walk, Macquarie University, NSW, 2109 (“Macquarie”). The Competition will be conducted and administered by Macquarie (with assistance from i-graduate).
5. The Competition commences on Wednesday 26 April 2017 and closes at 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday 24 May 2017 (“Entry Period”).
6. A person (an “Entrant”) may only enter the Competition if they are a current Macquarie University student who is invited by Macquarie and i-graduate to participate in the Survey (a “Macquarie International University Student”). Macquarie University staff are not eligible to enter the Competition unless they are also a current Macquarie International University Student.
7. To enter the Competition an Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- (a) complete at least all of the questions in the Overall Satisfaction section of the Survey (a “Completed Survey”); and
- (b) submit the Completed Survey through the online process (an “Entry”).
8. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, each Entrant who submits a Completed Survey during the Entry Period automatically enters the Competition.
9. Each Entrant who submits a Completed Survey during the Entry Period:
- (a) warrants and represents that they are a current Macquarie International University Student;
- (b) is deemed to have accepted and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
10. Each Entrant is only permitted to submit one Survey and enter the Competition once. Macquarie reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits more than one Entry.
11. Each Entrant who submits a Completed Survey represents that their responses to the questions in the Completed Survey do not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights and are not obscene, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
12. Macquarie and i-graduate reserve the right to verify the eligibility and validity of all Entrants, Entries and Completed Surveys and to disqualify any Entrant from the Competition who, in their opinion:
- (a) has interfered with the entry process;
- (b) has entered in a manner that is in breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- (c) has not submitted a valid Entry due to a failure to provide responses to at least those questions that appear in the Overall Satisfaction section in the Survey, or by including material in their Survey responses that infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights or which is obscene, defamatory, slanderous or libellous;
- (d) has engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper promotion and conduct of the Competition.
13. Any costs associated with participating in the Survey and entering the Competition (including accessing any website associated with the Survey and Competition) is the responsibility of each Entrant.
Prize Draw, Prizes and Prize Conditions
14. The Competition is a game of chance. Any Entrant who submits a Completed Survey as provided in these Terms and Conditions and who is not disqualified from the Competition will be an “Eligible Entrant” and will be entered in a Prize draw which will be conducted by Macquarie on 1 September 2017 by way of a random computerised draw selection process from a database of all Eligible Entrants.
15. There will be a total of 3 major Prizes (which are described below) that will be awarded in the Competition with a total value (depending on the Prizes selected by each of the Prize winners) ranging from $1,869.95 to $2,436.00.
16. First Prize: The first Eligible Entrant who is selected by the random computerised draw selection process will be given the choice of receiving:
- (a) a $1,000.00 Student Travel Australia (STA) Travel Voucher; or
- (b) a 128 GB 13-inch MacBook Air (with a recommended retail price of $1,549.00).
17. Second Prize: The second Eligible Entrant who is selected by the random computerised draw selection process will be given the choice of receiving:
- (a) a 32GB iPad Mini 4 (with a recommended retail price of A$579.00); or
- (b) a Go Pro Hero5 Black 4K (with a recommended retail price $569.95)
18. Third Prize: The third Eligible Entrant who is selected by the random computerised draw selection process will be given the choice of receiving:
- (a) a Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb Day Gift Certificate (weekend day climb, valued at A$308.00); or
- (b) a $300.00 Macquarie Centre/AMP Capital Shopping Centres Pty Limited Gift Card (“Macquarie Centre Gift Card”).
19. The Student Travel Australia Travel Voucher Prize must be redeemed and the travel taken within 12 months from the date of issue of the voucher]. The Student Travel Australia Travel Voucher Prize is otherwise subject to its terms and conditions of use.
20. The Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb Day Gift Certificate Prize must be redeemed and the BridgeClimb taken within 12 months from the date of issue of the Certificate. The Sydney Harbour BridgeClimb Day Gift CertificatePrize is otherwise subject to the Terms of Trade of Ottto Holdings (Aust.) Pty Ltd trading as BridgeClimb Sydney.
21. The Macquarie Centre Gift Card Prize is valid for a period of 12 months from its date of issue and its use is otherwise subject to its terms and conditions of use.
22. Prizes Not Transferable: Prizes or any unused portion of a Prize are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
23. Any decision by Macquarie and i-graduate on the conduct of the Competition (including whether an Entrant is an Eligible Entrant) is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Notification of and Publication of Prize Winners and Collection of Prizes
24. Each of the Prize winners will be notified by phone and/or email on or before 5 September 2017 (including details of the Prize choices open to them, how and by when they need to advise Macquarie of their choice, and confirmation of arrangements for the collection or redemption by them of their Prizes). Names of the Prize winners may be published by Macquarie on the ISB page of the Macquarie University website (at mq.edu.au/isb) and in Macquarie University publications. Each Entrant agrees to the publication of Prize winners’ names in those publications and/or on the website for that purpose.
25. Prize winners may collect their Prizes from the Macquarie International Office, Level 1, Building E3A, 10 Macquarie Walk, Macquarie University, NSW, 2109 (attention: Ms Angela Yuan). Unless Prize winners are advised otherwise in writing by Macquarie, Prizes must be selected, claimed and collected by the Prize winners before 1 October 2017. Prize winners will be required to provide photographic identification to collect and take receipt of their Prize.
26. If a Prize winner does not advise their Prize choice or claim or collect their Prize by 1 October 2017, Macquarie may, in its discretion: withdraw the Prize; award the Prize to the next Eligible Entrant who was selected by the random computerised draw selection process; or conduct a further random computerised draw selection for the purpose of awarding the unclaimed or uncollected Prize to another Eligible Entrant.
Release of Macquarie
27. To the extent permitted by law Macquarie accepts no responsibility and will not be held legally liable or responsible for any cost, loss, damage or expense arising from the participation by any person in the Survey and Competition or from the collection, redemption, acceptance and use of a Prize by a Prize winner, including:
- (a) any delay or failure or the inability for any reason of a Prize winner to collect, take, use or redeem a Prize;
- (b) any delay in or the cancellation of any event or activity that forms part of a Prize.
28. To the extent permitted by law, Macquarie is not responsible or liable for any damage or technical problems or malfunction of any computer and telecommunications equipment, network and lines (including, but not limited to damage to computer and telecommunications equipment, network and lines belonging to an Entrant in the Survey and Competition) that relates to or results from the participation of that Entrant in the Survey and Competition.
29. Macquarie accepts no responsibility if for any reason the Survey and the Competition are not able to be run as planned (including, but not limited to) because of infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Macquarie which corrupts or affects the administration, security, integrity or proper conduct of the Survey and Competition.
Use of Information and Privacy
30. All Entrants who submit responses in the Survey and Competition grant Macquarie and and i-graduate a non-exclusive, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to reproduce those responses (on a non-attributable basis) in connection with the provision of reports and benchmarking from the results of the Survey and Competition and agree to not assert any moral rights in relation to such use.
31. Personal information of participants in the Survey is collected by or on behalf of Macquarie in order to conduct the Competition and Survey (including obtaining reports and benchmarking from the results of the Survey) and Macquarie may, for those purposes, disclose that personal information to i-graduate. Completion of the Survey and entry in the Competition is conditional upon providing that personal information. Any and all personal information, including email addresses, collected through the conduct of the Survey and Competition will be kept strictly confidential and will otherwise be used and handled by Macquarie in accordance with its Privacy Framework