Accelerate your ambition - study security and intelligence
Accelerate your ambition
“I want to find better ways to respond to emerging security threats.”
Stake out your intelligence career
At no other point in history has our world experienced security challenges to the extent to which it does today. Because of this, governments and businesses need security analysts, criminologists and professionals with the knowledge, skills and creativity to respond to such dynamic and complex challenges.
Study the way you want
Life is often a balancing act, so we provide you with a host of flexible learning options. You can opt to study part time, online or in the evening – whichever works best for you. In fact, our postgrad security and intelligence courses can all be undertaken online for complete flexibility. And because we recognise prior learning, you could even complete a postgrad degree sooner than you think.
We’ve got your employability front of mind
With a third of Australian businesses having already been the victims of cyber crime and the cost of cyber attacks estimated to exceed $1 billion a year, cyber security experts are in demand worldwide. This demand far exceeds supply across a broad range of industries, meaning that a cyber security qualification opens the door to a wide range of interesting and rewarding careers.
Recently, Macquarie and Optus invested $10 million to establish a Cyber Security Hub on campus. The hub aims to become the cyber security partner of choice for industry and government while also educating the next generation of cyber security experts.
Prepare to meet the needs of this rapidly changing sector through the following courses:
- Master of Criminology
- Master of International Security Studies
- Master of Cyber-Security, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Master of Cyber-Security, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism with Master of International Security Studies
Get a taste for what a career in security and intelligence is really like, while working towards a full masters degree:
- Graduate Diploma of International Security Studies
- Graduate Diploma of Cyber-Security, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Graduate Certificate of International Security Studies
- Graduate Certificate of Cyber-Security, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Graduate Certificate of Intelligence
Find out more
Send us your details, and we'll invite you to our next event and keep you up to date.