The information on this page is for domestic (local), postgraduate coursework, Bachelor of Education (Primary) and Bachelor of Education (Secondary) applicants, excluding applicants for courses administered by Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), the Macquarie Applied Finance Centre (MAFC) and the Australian School of Advanced Medicine (ASAM)
If you are an international student please visit the Macquarie International website for information on how to apply.
Please click on the relevant application type for information on how to apply.
Step 1: Research your course options
Find courses that interest you by searching our postgraduate courses. Check that the course is offered in your preferred Session and attendence mode.
Step 2: Check the entry requirements
The general entry requirements for any postgraduate course are:
- Completion of a recognised bachelor's degree
- Proof of English proficiency
In exceptional cases, in lieu of these requirements, other academic or professional attainments may be considered for admission purposes. For more information and other specific course entry requirements, please visit our Courses page
Step 3: Complete supplementary admissions forms
Some course applications require supplementary admission form/s. Please check the list below:
- Translating and Interpreting courses - Supplementary Form
- Master of Applied Linguistics TESOL - Supplementary Form
- Master of Clinical Audiology/Master of Speech and Language Pathology - CSP Allocation Information/Form
- Diploma of Languages - Supplementary Form
- Master of Public Health - CSP Allocation Information/Form
- Master of Public Health (Research) Fact Sheet
- Doctor of Physiotherapy - Supplementary Form (Domestic and International Students)
- Doctor of Physiotherapy - Equity CSP Application Form (Domestic Students)
- Master of Marketing Strategy - Personal Statement Form
- Master of Creative Writing – Portfolio Information
Step 4: Submit your application
Depending on which course you are interested in, you must apply either:
- directly to Macquarie University; OR
- via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
Check the application method specified for your course on the 'Apply' tab of the course listing. Follow the relevant links there to lodge your application and upload required supporting documentation, including any supplementary admissions forms (step 3 above).
Previous Macquarie students seeking to return to an incomplete program of study
The appropriate procedure to resume your studies will depend on your circumstances and when you anticipate resuming. You need to have a recorded result in at least one unit of your incomplete qualification. This does not include Incomplete or Withdrawal unit status.
Absence within 24 consecutive months
Absence greater than 24 consecutive months
Domestic students with a course status of ‘Not Continued’ and are seeking to return to their incomplete program of study at Macquarie University must reapply as a new applicant either through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) or directly to Macquarie. Please see the course finder for the prescribed method of your degree.
Applications for admission are assessed on a competitive basis. Successful applicants will be admitted to the current version of an approved program of study in the session to which they return.
International full-fee paying students.
If you are a full-fee paying international student, you must contact the International Office for advice on returning to your course.
T: +61 2 9850 6320 E: email@example.com
Please visit our cross-institutional study webpage for up to date information on this.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you wish to obtain credit for your previous studies, please visit the Recognition of prior learning page for details on how to apply for credit.
|Domestic Students||International Students|
Phone: +61 2 9850 6767
Phone: +61 2 9850 7346
Content owner: Admissions Last updated: 25 Mar 2020 9:13am