What is it?
Academic Advantage is Macquarie's adjustment factor scheme that recognises your achievements in subjects that correspond to certain courses. Depending on your performance in each of these subjects, you may receive up to three additional points for each one, with a maximum of six adjustment factor points available.
Who you are
You're currently completing the Year 12 Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent, in the year prior to your intended year of admission to Macquarie.
Calculate your adjustment factor
How you apply
You don't need to submit a specific application for Academic Advantage. The Universities Admission Centre (UAC) will calculate eligibility automatically if a Macquarie course is listed in your preferences.
Combine adjustment factors
You can receive a maximum of 10 additional points combined across five schemes, excluding the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Laws and its double degrees;
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) and its double degrees; and
- Bachelor of Advanced Science,
for which you can receive a maximum of 6 additional points; and
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
for which you can receive a maximum of 5 additional points.
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and its double degrees
- Bachelor of Commerce – Professional Accounting with the degree of Bachelor of Professional Practice
for which you can only be eligible for the Educational Access Scheme. No other adjustment factors can be applied.