Macquarie Leaders and Achievers
Macquarie Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme
You could be rewarded with an early offer to study at Macquarie University in 2022 if you have performed well academically in Year 11 and can demonstrate initiative and commitment through leadership, community, sport or casual work activities.
Applications are open and will close Friday, 20 August 2021 at 2pm (AEST).
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply for Macquarie Leaders and Achievers, you must:
- Meet academic requirements
- Be completing the New South Wales Higher School Certificate, ACT Senior Secondary Certificate or International Baccalaureate in Australia in 2021 and;
- Have performed well academically in Year 11
- Meet leadership requirements: be able to demonstrate leadership, service, community engagement, initiative and commitment through at least two extracurricular activities undertaken in Year 11 and/or Year 12. Some examples include but are not limited to:
- Leadership –active participation in either the school or local community in a role such as school captain, prefect, committee member of a social justice or other student-led group, leadership role in cadets, attendance at a leadership conference or camp, or participation in the FIRST Robotics competition.
- Social justice – participation in the Model United Nations program
- Place of worship – youth leader at your local place of worship
- Sporting or performing arts – coordination of a sports gala day or a cultural performance for a community group or a leadership role within a sporting committee or performance group
- Paid or voluntary work – employed in a position with opportunities to show responsibility or leadership
- Family carer responsibilities
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award program
- New South Wales Institute of Sport membership
In these activities, you must demonstrate the following qualities :
- Leadership: mentorship, coaching or leading a team, collaboration and teamwork skills, empathy and self-awareness
- Service and community engagement: positive benefit to others and active engagement in the school, local or wider community
- Contribution and commitment: genuine connection with your chosen purpose, persistence and dedication to manage self and/or work with others to achieve a goal
- Initiative: independent thought and action; ability to anticipate needs
- Self-efficacy: self-awareness, personal learning and development
If this sounds like you, visit our how to apply page to learn about the application process.