Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Entry Pathway
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Entry Pathway (ATSIEP) is run by Walanga Muru - Macquarie University. This admissions pathway provides opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students to study undergraduate level courses at Macquarie University and determines readiness for study or providing advice on alternative opportunities.
WHAT YOU CAN STUDY
Any undergraduate degree offered at Macquarie University are available through this pathway except the Bachelor of Business Leadership Program and Commerce.
The selection process consists of two stages, a written application and an interview.
1. Written Application
Applicants are required to complete a written application that includes
- Evidence of Aboriginality
- Confirmation of Aboriginality - Common Seal / Confirmation OR
- A direct family member's Common Seal / Confirmation (such as mother or grandfather) with the corresponding birth certificates OR
- Letter of support from an appropriate community representative e.g.; Aboriginal organisation representative, AECG member, etc.
(The letter should state how long the representative has known the applicant/how long they have been enrolled at the organisation, what Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander activities they have been involved in, how long they have identified for etc.).
- Educational history (e.g. copies of TAFE transcripts, latest school report etc.)
- Work experience
- A statement, with up to 500 words outlining their aspirations for attending university.
- All applicants are to attend an interview to determine readiness to undertake university studies
- The interview will further explore educational background, work experience, communication skills, aspirations and self-motivation.
Can I apply?
To be eligible the applicant must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person in accordance with the Commonwealth definition.
Applicants can also apply through this pathway if:
- Would just like the peace of mind of an early offer
- Haven’t completed your HSC or equivalent
- Are non-award
- Received an ATAR score lower than is required for admission to your chosen course
- Are a mature age student
How Do I Apply?
Apply via Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
Please note: UAC applications open on 1st April 2020.
Wait to hear from Walanga Muru to confirm your attendance and provide you with all the details you need for the day!
Ask a question
Contact Tayla King on (02) 9850 8624 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hear from our students
As soon as I heard about this pathway, I knew Macquarie was the uni for me. Since starting my course I’ve received endless support, both with my uni work and home life. The staff at Walanga Muru are always available, even when I just want to have a chat. They have also provided me with countless opportunities to further develop my skills by introducing me to programs such as the NITV media mentorship. I honestly feel like I’m part of a family at Walanga Muru, and I wouldn’t have picked any other pathway into university.
Dayvis - Bachelor of Arts (Media)
Content owner: Admissions Last updated: 01 Apr 2020 1:59pm