Gifted and talented entry program
What is it?
Our Gifted and Talented Entry Program allows a select group of high achieving students the opportunity to enrol at Macquarie while still at high school.
If you successfully complete your unit/s with the necessary GPA, we'll open the door to an early offer for a Macquarie University degree.
You'll get a head start on everyone else with completed units already under your belt.
Who you are
You're in Year 10 and you’re looking to complete accelerated HSC subjects or you’re currently demonstrating outstanding academic achievement in some other way
You have already completed an accelerated HSC subject and achieved a Band 6 or E4.
Eligibility for an early offer
You're eligible for an early offer if you meet the following criteria:
- you’ve completed an accelerated HSC subject with a Band 6 or E4 or; you’ve completed PHL137 Critical Thinking with distinction
- you’ve completed one university-approved unit with distinction
- you’ve completed year 12.
What courses are available
If you meet the above criteria you will be eligible to enrol in:
- Bachelor of Advanced Science#
- Bachelor of Ancient History
- Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce*
- Bachelor of Clinical Science^
- Bachelor of Marketing and Media
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) with Bachelor of Human Sciences
#Students need to complete one approved unit from the Faculty of Science.
*Resume submission and interview also required upon completion of Macquarie units to determine entry.
^Students need to complete one approved unit from the Faculty of Science and complete HSC Mathematics (receive a Band 4 or greater), or Mathematics Extension 1 (E2 or greater) or Mathematics Extension 2 and completion of HSC Chemistry.
How to apply
- Register your interest below and we'll send you all you need to apply.
- Please note that you will need to complete a full HSC program independent of the units offered through this program, as the units undertaken at the University will not form part of the HSC. Similarly, the results from units undertaken at the University won't be included in your ATAR, which is based purely on results from approved HSC courses. However, all successfully completed units will count towards a degree program with Macquarie University. You can enrol into units offered in Session 1 and 2 and 3.
Applications close 21 December 2018.
Hear from our students
My Critical Thinking subject enabled me to develop strong arguments to a University standard, helping me at school, especially with essays. It was also great knowing these classes would count towards my degree at Macquarie. Receiving my early offer for university completely removed the pressure that came with the HSC and allowed me to perform much better in my exams. I would wholeheartedly recommend all budding students to apply for the Gifted and Talented Program.
Arti Ramesh - Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)